Loving Using my Acrylics Stamps and Utilizing SCAL and My SB

Loving Using my Acrylics Stamps and Utilizing SCAL and My SB

Postby PennyDuncan » June 1st, 2013, 12:17 pm

Happy Saturday Everyone....I pray you all have remained safe after this horrid storms and tornados these past 2 weeks!!!!! I was up all night scared to go to sleep for fear we would have bad storms and it would be too late to seek cover......

BUT....I did want to share that I've been having FUN lately....and I'm trying to get myself to utilize my acrylic stamps more.......I've done it before and have been doing it again..and just can't brag enough how much I love it.....LOL That's making shadow layers for my acrylic stamps....cutting them out with my SB and stamping on them....It's SO SO SO EASY with SCAL and my SB....but just wanted to brag abit!!!! And I actually did a blog post this morning..... So I'm on a roll huh!!!!! BUT....If you care to peak...you're invited to check out my blog!!!!

http://pennyduncancreations.blogspot.com IF you do...THANK YOU so much......

Today I'm planning on playing with Shrink Plastic and my SB again.........what about you all???
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Re: Loving Using my Acrylics Stamps and Utilizing SCAL and M

Postby Angel135612 » June 1st, 2013, 1:00 pm

Great idea on making the shadow layer of your stamps Penny.. going to have to start doing that. It looks so much nicer on things when you cut out the shape of the stamp, instead of just a square, or some other basic shape.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » June 1st, 2013, 1:19 pm

That is so on my list of things to do. I started doing more stamping lately as well - just playing with some new things and experimenting, but want to do more of it! Love the shadow layer idea as well! I love the SCAL print and cut. Thanks for sharing on your blog - you get us all inspired!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » June 1st, 2013, 2:00 pm

We are supposed to be using our stamps? I thought they were for buying and putting in boxes! :ROFLMBO: I agree with Diane, it is very pretty having a shaped shadow.

Thanks, as always, Penny, for the inspiration!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby gingers » June 1st, 2013, 3:20 pm

Love the atc's!!! They are gorgeous!! Have used this method before; isn't it fun and makes the stamps look so much better!!
gingers

Cutter: cougar 18"

Postby Gigi » June 1st, 2013, 3:26 pm

Penny -
I always get your blog in my "inbox" a day late - but after reading your post went and looked at all that you accomplished. I love the ATC's - they are all beautiful!! Great use of the little roses - I have a lot of them too!!

You always seem to give me the swift kick that I need to try to be a little more creative! Thank you!!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby PennyDuncan » June 1st, 2013, 3:39 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...You all are SO awesome!!!! It just feels GREAT to play and have fun doesn't it!!!! Just finished up some charms I needed to make for my ARTHaven group and used shrink plastic and cut it with my SB.....SO MUCH FUN!!!!! ;)
PennyDuncan

Postby Angel135612 » June 1st, 2013, 4:34 pm

I have been playing today also, but I never seem to have the time to do as much as I keep thinking I want to do. LOL I have been wanting to get my UTEE and melting pot out and play with that, but not sure what I would make with them.
So instead I decided to play with my digital papers and SCAL, and I printed up some double sided paper (just putting it through again and printing on the other side) and make the little octagon box from one of the SVGCuts sets. Of course after I get it cut and glue it all together, I think I should have done this or that first... like adding glitter around each of the little panels on the lid... would have been a lot easier doing it while it was flat, rather than after it was all put together. But that is one of the great things about using digital papers...I can just print out another sheet or two, and make it again... no more worry about using my last sheet of my favorite paper. I can see another addiction, er I mean collection coming on... I will be scouring the internet for all kinds of digital papers now. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Especially since SCAL makes it so easy to add papers to your project to see what it will look like when cut, and you can size the paper to any size you want and get different looks by how you tile it, or making it large enough to not tile. The possibilities are truly endless....
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » June 1st, 2013, 6:13 pm

Oh Diane Iw exactly what you mean....I absolutely love printing out my own papers....that way I can have exactly what I want....
PennyDuncan

Postby janrichards » June 1st, 2013, 6:58 pm

Well, I had to work today so I can play tomorrow after I plant my flowers! Penny, you really crack me up! Who else would attempt to make a cover for a computer book besides you!????? But as usual everything is beautiful and I was interested in your comments because I have been trying to decide what size and brand name tablet to purchase. I was considering the 10.1 but maybe I'll have to rethink that plan!
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby PennyDuncan » June 1st, 2013, 7:27 pm

LOL.....now you should know by now I'm one of the weird ones Jan......LOL......I bet you'll like the bigger one....I just didn't care for the elongated feel of them when I held them in portrait mode.....weird I know....I can honestly say that's the one thing about the iPads that interested me was the shape...but I just don't care for apple products at all....so when I happened upon this one it was absolutely perfect for me....and the price just couldn't be beat for the specs it holds....so now with my homemade cover I'm a happy happy camper... ;)
PennyDuncan

Postby tamihowse » June 1st, 2013, 8:50 pm

Angel, take a small cookie cutter, place it on a cool piece of patterned paper (or stamp a plain piece with a cool image with permanent ink like Staz-On). Make sure your cutter is on a flat surface, and pour a small layer of UTEE in the cookie cutter until it spreads to all of the edges of the cutter. Wait for it to cool, then remove the cutter. Cut around the image, and you have a fab embelly! Just one fun way to use UTEE.
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Postby Angel135612 » June 1st, 2013, 9:27 pm

Tami, IF I had any cookie cutters I would try that... LOL but that is one thing I can't raid my kitchen for, since I don't bake. I have thought about buying the little cookie type cutters for poylmer clay, but I haven't done that yet. May have to keep that in mind for my next 40% coupon.

I did start playing with Photoshop today, I have had it for ages, and have only done a few things with it. Decided it is time to start learning how to do more, so I have been playing around with creating my own digital papers, since I have started playing with those more now.
Angel135612

Postby MichelleMyBelle » June 2nd, 2013, 4:04 am

Angel135612 wrote:Tami, IF I had any cookie cutters I would try that... LOL but that is one thing I can't raid my kitchen for, since I don't bake. I have thought about buying the little cookie type cutters for poylmer clay, but I haven't done that yet. May have to keep that in mind for my next 40% coupon.

I did start playing with Photoshop today, I have had it for ages, and have only done a few things with it. Decided it is time to start learning how to do more, so I have been playing around with creating my own digital papers, since I have started playing with those more now.

I did the same, Diane. I took a couple hours for myself yesterday and played in Photoshop. I have been away from digi scrapping for such a long time now, 3 years. I really need to put some of my graphics, brushes, shapes etc. on my laptop. I can use them in my cutting software as well.

Penny, I'll be stopping by your blog today! :)
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby Angel135612 » June 2nd, 2013, 10:05 am

Michelle, I always forget I have them, then I need to figure out how to use them again... but once I remember, I get all kinds of ideas on what I want to do with them. But then I don't have the time to do it all... LOL

Maybe that could be an idea for your magazine.. how to use all those brushes etc from Photoshop, in the software for your cutters. It probably wouldn't need to go into a lot of detail, on the HOW, but just giving ideas on how to use them, and places that you can go to find tutorials on the HOW part.

Now that I'm starting to play with Photoshop again, I can see yet ANOTHER addiction coming... saving brushes, patterns etc to use to create my own papers, in addition to using other peoples papers. A never ending cycle... DOES IT EVER END???????
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » June 2nd, 2013, 10:59 am

Hands over my eyes! I don't have time to play, and all of these ideas look so fun. I have tons of cookie cutters! I have Photoshop! I have stamps!

My favorite digital paper shop is Sassy Designs, because of their fantastic sales. At 50 cents per pack, I can buy a lot of packs! I also just discovered Gecko Girls, through Heather's blog. Their papers and digi-stamps are terrific. I am going to have to splurge soon and pick up some of them as well.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » June 2nd, 2013, 11:11 am

Elizabeth...I don't need to find places to go shopping for digi papers... (well yes I do, but I really don't need to buy anything...LOL) I am trying to use what I have already started collecting and create my own. But it takes me so long to "create" something I like, I think it may be easier to just buy the digi papers. I know the more I play with creating papers, the easier it will become, I just need to find the time to play frequently so I don't forget what I have learned.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » June 3rd, 2013, 6:09 pm

Maybe we should have a digital paper design virtual summer camp.

Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » June 3rd, 2013, 6:45 pm

That would be fun. I was able to spend some time yesterday playing with photoshop and learned how to make a texture that looks like marble, to use as a base "texture" for papers. And I also figured out how to create a brush, so I can add swirls or just about anything to a page, and be able to move it around to where I want it.
I think my biggest problem will be in the actual designing the paper, and have something that looks good and not garish... LOL.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » June 3rd, 2013, 7:54 pm

I'm going to put it on my list! I'll be asking you for tips soon. I tried to peek at some tutorials at work today, but it was too busy for me to play. Maybe later in the week.

Elizabeth

Next

Return to Masterpieces