Latest projects!

Re: Latest projects!

Postby Gigi » June 9th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Ok - I didn't move the fonts into folders in Nexus - will do that and see if it works. Thanks. Wondered if that was what I needed to do but it sounded like yours just "magically" appeared!! :shock:

That makes sense..
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » June 9th, 2013, 3:05 pm

LOL Gigi... it was magic... because I didn't know it was going to happen. I have been looking at the help in Nexus, to see if there might be some things the program can do to help me get my fonts a bit more organized, and it does say that any font you can see in your library, will be installed while NexusFont is open, and once you close the program they will no longer be available in your other programs.
I also noticed, that if I select a subfolder in the left column in NexusFont before I open a program, only the fonts in THAT folder will be available. If I select the main folder, then anything in the subfolders will be available. This is good to know if you don't want 100's or okay 1000's of fonts in your dropdown menu in your other programs when you are working with fonts.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » June 9th, 2013, 4:46 pm

So basically I need to copy my other font collections to the Nexus library... cuz there is no magic happening on this computer!

Will fool around with it when I have time!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » June 9th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Gigi, It isn't so much "copying" your folders into Nexus, but "pointing" Nexus to where you keep your fonts. When you have the program open, there is a plus sign in the bottom left corner of the window, click on that and select Add Folder, then navigate to the folder you want to add and it will add that folder to your library in Nexus and you will be able to see the fonts in that folder. Then, when you have Nexus open, have that folder selected, and open another program, any fonts in that folder will be available in the program.

If any one is interested, I just posted a blog entry talking about using a font viewer and comparing NexusFont to AMPFont.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » June 9th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Thanks - got it.Will play around later!!

Gigi
Gigi

Previous

Return to Masterpieces