Re: Had some fun with Roses.....

Postby LisaH » June 10th, 2011, 3:18 pm

can't wait!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Angel135612 » June 10th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Penny,

I just had a chance to watch your tutorial on how to add stems to your roses!!! Thank you so much for doing this, you make it look so easy!!! I am definitely going to give this a try when I have some time off again. Thank you so much for all you share with us.. you are truly amazing!!!!

Diane
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Marjorie » June 10th, 2011, 11:59 pm

I've already been over to your blog and I love the roses! In fact, I love everything you do! You are such a sweet and talented lady. Thanks for sharing your things.
Marjorie

Postby PennyDuncan » June 11th, 2011, 8:01 am

Thank you SO much Diane and Marjorie!!! You both are so very sweet....I'm thrilled the tutorial helped!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby JeannetteC » June 11th, 2011, 9:59 am

The roses are gorgeous Penny! I don't know how we could be tired of seeing your work and the techniques you share with us. Your talent is amazing!!!!!
JeannetteC

Postby Angel135612 » June 12th, 2011, 9:43 am

Penny, I have some questions about your roses and the tag you created using the copper.

What size did you make the rose file, to get the larger size roses? and if you make larger roses, do you need more layers, or just the five that come in the file?

On the copper tag. Did you finish the edges of the metal in some way, so that it isn't so sharp? Or does just gluing it on to the paper backing help? What kind of glue did you use?? Did you cut the metal with your Lynx or use scissors? If you used your Lynx, what settings did you use?

I know, I'm full of questions.. I wish I could just sit in your ART haven and watch you create. I'm so glad that you make your tutorials, that is the next best thing to being there.

Thank you,
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » June 12th, 2011, 9:48 am

Angel135612 wrote:Penny, I have some questions about your roses and the tag you created using the copper.

What size did you make the rose file, to get the larger size roses? and if you make larger roses, do you need more layers, or just the five that come in the file?

On the copper tag. Did you finish the edges of the metal in some way, so that it isn't so sharp? Or does just gluing it on to the paper backing help? What kind of glue did you use?? Did you cut the metal with your Lynx or use scissors? If you used your Lynx, what settings did you use?

I know, I'm full of questions.. I wish I could just sit in your ART haven and watch you create. I'm so glad that you make your tutorials, that is the next best thing to being there.

Thank you,

Hey Angel......to create the life size roses I cut them at 3"....works out perfectly....and I still only use the 5 layers that I have created for the file....On the copper tag I just took a file and went around the edges to kind of smooth off any snags...but once I layered it on the tag itself it won't be felt........I cut out the actual shape with my Tim Holtz Tonic scissors.....I believe the copper and brass is too much for the Lynx....and I don't want to risk messing up my machine....

I use my hot glue gun on most all things I create........especially my roses.......to adhere the metal tag to the tag base I used foam dots......and to adhere the butterfly to the copper I used hot glue.....Does that help???? And THANK YOU for your very sweet comment!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Angel135612 » June 12th, 2011, 10:14 am

Thanks Penny, that does help. I want to try making some larger roses but won't have time today. We are going to the Renaissance Festival today. I want to try making some long stem roses to put in a vase I bought from the Glassblowers there a couple of years ago. Hopefully, I will have some time maybe later today when we get home to at least start cutting some out.
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » June 12th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Angel135612 wrote:Thanks Penny, that does help. I want to try making some larger roses but won't have time today. We are going to the Renaissance Festival today. I want to try making some long stem roses to put in a vase I bought from the Glassblowers there a couple of years ago. Hopefully, I will have some time maybe later today when we get home to at least start cutting some out.

Oh that would be so beautiful....can't wait to see when you get them done!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby meme » June 13th, 2011, 12:41 am

Penny I could look at your roses and all of your other designs on a daily basis and never get sick of looking. Your amazing!
meme

Postby whizzy » June 13th, 2011, 5:13 am

When I first saw these I thought they were silk roses, they're quite exquisite, really lovely :)
I've bookmarked your challenge flowers as well for when I have a bit more time. They look gorgeous too!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3 ļ£æ tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby CaseysAngel » June 13th, 2011, 9:54 am

PennyDuncan wrote:
Angel135612 wrote:Penny, I have some questions about your roses and the tag you created using the copper.

Thank you,

Hey Angel......to create the life size roses I cut them at 3"....works out perfectly....and I still only use the 5 layers that I have created for the file....On the copper tag I just took a file and went around the edges to kind of smooth off any snags...but once I layered it on the tag itself it won't be felt........I cut out the actual shape with my Tim Holtz Tonic scissors.....I believe the copper and brass is too much for the Lynx....and I don't want to risk messing up my machine....

I use my hot glue gun on most all things I create........especially my roses.......to adhere the metal tag to the tag base I used foam dots......and to adhere the butterfly to the copper I used hot glue.....Does that help???? And THANK YOU for your very sweet comment!!

Penny, I have used a hot glue gun more since I found you than I have in my entire life I think!!!!! LOL I am loving it , especially since I got a new one now that doesn't set my fingers on fire. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

I created a flower the other night from a coloring page from hello kids (Dana's Challenge) and found myself embossing around the edges so I could fold it better and crinkling with my fingers, and and and........ You are addicting my friend.
CaseysAngel

Postby Suzan » June 13th, 2011, 9:58 am

Christy, can you explain more in detail about embossing around the edges. It sounds interesting, oops guess I need to order the embossing tool huh :banghead:
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » June 13th, 2011, 10:00 am

Suzan wrote:Christy, can you explain more in detail about embossing around the edges. It sounds interesting, oops guess I need to order the embossing tool huh :banghead:

She takes an embossing stylus and a mouse pad and does all kinds of COOL stuff. You gotta watch her video's to get the full effect but it's gorgeous.

And yes you need to order the embossing tool anyway. I used it last night so I didn't have to go get my stylus but it's COOL anyway!!!!!! I can't believe you don't have it yet. :whip: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
CaseysAngel

Postby PennyDuncan » June 14th, 2011, 6:43 pm

CaseysAngel wrote:
PennyDuncan wrote:

Thank you,

Penny, I have used a hot glue gun more since I found you than I have in my entire life I think!!!!! LOL I am loving it , especially since I got a new one now that doesn't set my fingers on fire. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

I created a flower the other night from a coloring page from hello kids (Dana's Challenge) and found myself embossing around the edges so I could fold it better and crinkling with my fingers, and and and........ You are addicting my friend.

Oh Christy girl.. I love you...you always make me laugh when I read your posts!!!! ;) I love my glue gun and I swear I've developed calis' on my fingers!!! LOL
PennyDuncan

Previous

Return to Masterpieces