Two Toned Engraving

Re: Two Toned Engraving

Postby kim » June 9th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Hey, I want, no, I NEED the "time to craft" in the package. I still haven't done anything with mine either...just trying to catch up with some of my other "projects on the shelf". I did finally get my copper to get the green patina. Another story, but now I just need to get my area cleaned away and time where I can engrave. Hopefully, in the next day or two since I finally got that blasted fridge magnet all put together.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby meme » June 10th, 2011, 10:31 pm

Tyler, Absolutely amazing! You always get my attention with the applications you use. I am going to be an enabler though. If you like the alcohol inks; you really need to get an airbrush for paint. They have all kinds of different kinds of airbrush paints and you can foo foo your metals, glass, and all kinds of other things with an airbrush. You can even airbrush your cardstock & paper; you can make your own unique designs and colors. The paint dries really fast and they even have transparent, pearlized, etc. paints. They also have inks you can use with them. I think you would really like one and you can purchase them anywhere from under 100. to over I won't even say what the custom microns cost. I have been watching everyone going nuts over the air erasers; if they would by an airbrush for paint they would love that too. I personally like the Iwata brand but that is me. There are many brands to pick from; I went with Iwata after doing alot of research and liked the 5 year warranty. But to each his own on that too. Love everything you make!
meme

Postby Barbara » June 11th, 2011, 1:15 am

I have a compressor and AirBrush I used for Cake Decorating. I will have to give it to Jo to see what she can come up with.
Barbara
Barbara

Postby Tyler » June 11th, 2011, 8:12 am

I would love an air compressor/air gun! They would be awesome, especially with these products. I just got some cameras and mic for the webinars, so it might be a while until i can get it. But definitely worth it!

I appreciate the tips! They are always appreciated. Do you need a blasting container as well?
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Tyler » June 11th, 2011, 9:07 am

Does the same airbrush work for air brushing and erasing? Or do you need different ones for each. How is maintenance? Are there any specific requirements on a compressor? I found some that are made for airbrushing, but they certainly aren't very big. What size nozzles do you need? Are they the same for both applications? Thanks!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Thyme » June 11th, 2011, 9:22 am

They are different...
Thyme

Postby whizzy » June 13th, 2011, 5:24 am

Great card!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3 ļ£æ tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby CaseysAngel » June 13th, 2011, 9:50 am

Tyler wrote:Does the same airbrush work for air brushing and erasing? Or do you need different ones for each. How is maintenance? Are there any specific requirements on a compressor? I found some that are made for airbrushing, but they certainly aren't very big. What size nozzles do you need? Are they the same for both applications? Thanks!

Oh yea differently different. Don't ask me just how it all works though. Hubby tried to explain it to me but i just didn't get it.LOL
CaseysAngel

Previous

Return to Masterpieces