First Cuts

First Cuts

Postby Tyler » May 22nd, 2011, 1:58 am

With so many people getting their machines, I just wanted to start a thread and see people's first cuts. They don't have to be a project or anything, but it would be nice to see how others are doing. I don't care if it is a star, heart, or lightening bolt! There is definitely a learning curve, but it is fun once you have everything up and running. :-D
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: First Cuts

Postby granlin » May 22nd, 2011, 9:06 am

My first cut was a butterfly. I have to work on the force thing when I have time to just play.
granlin

Cutter: BlackCat 13" Cougar

Postby Phyllis » May 22nd, 2011, 10:49 am

My first cuts were horrible but as soon as I figure out how to post a picture, I'll take a pic of my first successful cut, beyond the star. It was a somewhat detailed cut of a little girl on a bicycle.
Phyllis

Postby Gramof8 » May 22nd, 2011, 4:05 pm

So where do we post them? I put mine in My Gallery? Do we do them here Tyler? And if so jog my memory on how to do so please.
Gramof8

Postby Phyllis » May 22nd, 2011, 8:08 pm

This is my first successful cut. Excuse the notes I wrote on it, I am saving it for future settings. The actual size is 3" x 2.75".

BC First Successful Cut.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phyllis

Postby Retta » May 22nd, 2011, 8:25 pm

Good job!!! Isn't it so exciting.

Retta
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Phyllis » May 22nd, 2011, 8:37 pm

Retta, yes it is exciting. I must order more accessories.

Wow, I didn't mean for this picture to be this big. It's huge.
Phyllis

Postby Retta » May 22nd, 2011, 8:42 pm

The picture works and shows the detail.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Tyler » May 22nd, 2011, 9:09 pm

Gramof8 wrote:So where do we post them? I put mine in My Gallery? Do we do them here Tyler? And if so jog my memory on how to do so please.

Just post them here. You can put it in the gallery, but you don't have to. Just attach the file - if you are in full editor mode, just click on the tab below that says upload attachment. Then find your file and attach it.

Awesome job, everyone!
Tyler

Postby Elizabeth » May 22nd, 2011, 9:15 pm

Hey, that's great Phyllis! Love that image. (I'm writing all over my stuff, too. I cut about 35 daisies from Suzan's file that she posted a bit ago, trying to perfect my settings.)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » May 22nd, 2011, 9:43 pm

Phyllis wrote:This is my first successful cut. Excuse the notes I wrote on it, I am saving it for future settings. The actual size is 3" x 2.75".

BC First Successful Cut.jpg

Great job Phyllis. The file is really cute too. Good for you. Isn't it exciting? I really LOVE cutting on my machine - it always amazes me!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » May 22nd, 2011, 9:47 pm

Isns't it awesome to have success
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gramof8 » May 22nd, 2011, 10:08 pm

First Cut. Sorry the photo is a bit fuzzy. I had a low Force 20 I believe , but wanted a faster Velocity and it seemed to cut
fine to me. Maybe V should have been slower too?? Set laser 2 inches from right on the mark I put on the mat, as per Tyler's video instructions on marking mat to inches. Cut with mat in portrait position in MTC,vinyl placed to bottom right of virtual mat like Dawn suggested. I guess it turned out right.

She is 2.5 X 4.25 I believe.

Gram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gramof8

Postby Tyler » May 22nd, 2011, 11:02 pm

Awesome~!~
Tyler

Postby Phyllis » May 22nd, 2011, 11:16 pm

Gram, that cut is awesome. I have only cut vinyl once with the Cricut and it was not pretty but it was mostly user error so I gave up on vinyl. I might try again now that I have the cat.

I saw your great work in the gallery. I need to add some things in there too.
Phyllis

Postby Gigi » May 22nd, 2011, 11:20 pm

Gramof8 wrote:First Cut. Sorry the photo is a bit fuzzy. I had a low Force 20 I believe , but wanted a faster Velocity and it seemed to cut
fine to me. Maybe V should have been slower too?? Set laser 2 inches from right on the mark I put on the mat, as per Tyler's video instructions on marking mat to inches. Cut with mat in portrait position in MTC,vinyl placed to bottom right of virtual mat like Dawn suggested. I guess it turned out right.

She is 2.5 X 4.25 I believe.

Gram

Wonderful job, Gram. It look terrific!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Gramof8 » May 23rd, 2011, 5:58 am

Thank you for the nice compliments gals. I did post to the gallery, but though it was a bit much. Thought it would just be an album and one could just click on the album if you wished. Did not realize it would take over the place. Sorry!
Gramof8

Postby Elizabeth » May 23rd, 2011, 6:13 am

I love that, Gram! Cute file and perfect cut!! Hooray for you!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » May 23rd, 2011, 8:34 am

Gramof8 wrote:Thank you for the nice compliments gals. I did post to the gallery, but though it was a bit much. Thought it would just be an album and one could just click on the album if you wished. Did not realize it would take over the place. Sorry!

You are fine, Gram. It doesn't take over the place. Like you thought, it goes into an album. There is a section on the first page for recently added files (which if you do a lot at once, they will show up there) and a random section that just grabs a bunch of photos available and displays them. If there are not a lot of files in the system, then again, most of them would likely be yours. I love seeing what people are posting in the gallery! It is a quick way to see many projects. Thanks for sharing!

The only thing I wish that was different about the gallery is that when someone uploads a picture that they put in a description of how they made it/what they use to make it/what they made it for. I also love it when people post the file for the project if they can. I think it would be awesome if people uploaded the file and put a picture of the finished product as a thumbnail. That would be awesome and extremely useful for everyone!
Tyler

Postby Gigi » May 23rd, 2011, 11:19 am

Tyler wrote:

The only thing I wish that was different about the gallery is that when someone uploads a picture that they put in a description of how they made it/what they use to make it/what they made it for. I also love it when people post the file for the project if they can. I think it would be awesome if people uploaded the file and put a picture of the finished product as a thumbnail. That would be awesome and extremely useful for everyone!

HI Tyler -

I didn't realize you could add a description to the photos or I would have. As for including the file, some are purchased and can't be shared, but we could certainly say where we got the files. If there is a way to add more info, I think that is a great idea!

Gigi
Gigi

Next

Return to Masterpieces