PNC using Inkscape/Signcut Mac Version

Re: PNC using Inkscape/Signcut Mac Version

Postby Thyme » August 5th, 2011, 3:24 pm

I understand, I don't even want you to bother calibrating. I just want to be sure that the problem is Signcut - I am 90% it is, but a pnc through MTC without the diagonal line would confirm it. Don't even worry about correct placement etc, but if you could try one that I would be really grateful!
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » August 5th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Dawn, I'm having problems getting my printer to work through Windows (long story) but I just put in a blank piece of paper in my Cougar and went thru all the PNC instructions in MTC, putting my outline image on the mat, etc. and using KNK PNC, setting the laser to imaginary registration marks, and it cut out the outline image thru MTC without the diagonal cut line. I don't know if this is any help or not but I'll keep trying, I don't think I've ever printed anything thru Windows. My son will be here later this evening and I think he can fix the problem. I'm not much of a hardware person.
Phyllis

Postby Phyllis » August 6th, 2011, 12:33 am

Dawn, I had a successful PNC thru MTC, no extra cut line.
Reinstalled Signcut and same thing, extra cut line. So I have run out of options. It has to be a problem with Signcut. Even unpluged all usb's except the Cougar, still didn't help.
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » August 6th, 2011, 3:50 am

Thanks Phyllis.
That is exactly what I needed to hear. You have clarified everything very well.
It is Signcut, I am positive. Don't do any pnc cutting until I get back to you, I am going to badger Signcut for a fix
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » August 6th, 2011, 9:51 am

Thanks so much Dawn. It's like it can't lift the blade as it's returning to it's origin point. I'll wait, I can always use my Silhouette, it just doesn't do well with heavier card stock, but no problem. Thanks again.
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » August 6th, 2011, 12:11 pm

Yep, but it is only on the pnc - not on normal cutting, thats right?
I know there is a beta version in the works, I will get that to you as soon as I can but they are on holiday at the moment so I think it will be next week
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » August 7th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Thyme wrote:Yep, but it is only on the pnc - not on normal cutting, thats right?
I know there is a beta version in the works, I will get that to you as soon as I can but they are on holiday at the moment so I think it will be next week

Dawn, that's correct, only on PNC. That would be great to have a fix, thanks so much.

I have another question on my Signcut lives. What determines the lives? Is it everytime you have to use be BC serial number. When I reinstalled (same computer and OS), it asked for it, of course, but did that take one life? Also, my son wanted to install it on an external hard drive (Mac) that doesn't have any of my other programs on it, and do some testing, he's so curious as to this problem. Will that take another life? Also, what happens if I were to use up all my lives? I'm not planning on doing this but if, by accident, I did.
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » August 7th, 2011, 1:38 pm

I have been in contact again with Signcut - they are working on it but unfortunately don't expect to have the fix as soon as they thought they would.
Lives is transferring from one computer to another, so if you installed it on an external drive that would take one life. When you move it back again to the main computer that will take another life.
If by accident you use up all your lives you talk very nicely to me and I talk very nicely to Signcut. Normally I would say there is nothing I can do, but because of this problem I should be able to get your lives back for you.
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » August 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Dawn I always knew that you were AMAZING but I didn't know you could get lives back . That's too cool. heehee
CaseysAngel

Postby Thyme » August 7th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Lol!
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » August 7th, 2011, 2:57 pm

CaseysAngel wrote:Dawn I always knew that you were AMAZING but I didn't know you could get lives back . That's too cool. heehee

Christy, I tell ya, she is this amazing.

Dawn, if we move it to an external hard drive, and it worked, I suppose I could work off that drive to save a life. Did it use one life when I reinstalled on the original computer/hard drive?
Phyllis

Postby Thyme » August 7th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Phyllis wrote:
CaseysAngel wrote:Dawn I always knew that you were AMAZING but I didn't know you could get lives back . That's too cool. heehee

Christy, I tell ya, she is this amazing.

Dawn, if we move it to an external hard drive, and it worked, I suppose I could work off that drive to save a life. Did it use one life when I reinstalled on the original computer/hard drive?

If you re-installed or opened it on the original computer then yes that would have used one life.
Trouble with this problem is that it is not happening on all Macs - which makes it very much harder to track down
Thyme

Postby Gigi » August 7th, 2011, 4:50 pm

So true Christy - that is pretty darned awesome!! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby btrengove » November 21st, 2011, 1:04 am

What was the outcome with this problem, is there a fix?
I have something similar happening but I am still testing things
btrengove

Postby Thyme » November 21st, 2011, 4:10 am

Not yet, I am waiting for an update from Signcut
Thyme

Postby btrengove » November 27th, 2011, 2:41 am

I think this is the same problem I am having.
Does it make the extra cut on the very last area it finishes on when cutting a registered simple contour?

- I have been adding an extra cut on the page (so it can mess up something I do not really want)
- Also adding an extra piece of paper on that end to protect the mat

It seems to feel like a software problem... like a parameter telling it to end the cut off the page.?
btrengove

Postby Thyme » November 27th, 2011, 2:47 am

It is a software problem, I am waiting for a major update from Signcut that will hopefully fix it
Thyme

Previous

Return to Signcut