Problems with PnC and Signcut

Re: Problems with PnC and Signcut

Postby Thyme » July 25th, 2011, 2:50 am

You shouldn't need to make the reg marks a different colour, if they are cutting then it suggests there is a communication problem
Thyme

Postby riogirl71 » November 26th, 2011, 2:50 am

I am trying to calibrate for pnc and so far I have ran into a couple of issues and was hoping to find a solution. I first figured out my printer was resizing to A4 instead of US letter.

So I went to Inkscape and opened a document that was 8.5 x 11" I printed a rectangle that was 40mm by 100mm, the rectangle was on spot with printing at 40mm by 100mm. I copied the reg marks from the svg file from the tutorial and pasted on my document. I exported it from Inkscape to Signcut. I opened it and my image size said 10.9824 by 8.4824 so should be close enough. I send it to cut so I can calibrate and my rectangle cuts at 38mm by 89mm!

When I measure the rectangle in signcut it shows 39.54 by 99.54 so it is close and correct in the screen. Then I select simple contour cutting, go through the 3 point laser alignment and it goes ahead and cuts a 38mm by 89mm! I have the units set as mm in Signcut. The laser gets pretty spot on.

Signcut also wants to cut the reg marks. The reg marks are the same as used on the svg from the forum except rotated 90 degrees, no resizing or changes. I uploaded my svg file here that I am having an issue with in the hopes that someone can help me. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So many ideas... so little time!
riogirl71

Postby Thyme » November 26th, 2011, 3:07 am

First of all if Signcut is cutting the reg marks it generally means that the communication is not good. You could try a different usb port or even a different cable. Also try re-installing the driver and also re-installing Signcut over the top of itself.
Next, if you cut a rectangle without doing the contour cut, does it cut to the correct size or is it still smaller? If so you need to calibrate the cutter.
Thirdly, you need to work with a larger rectangle - try the attached file.
Fourth point, you have a pink rectangle outside the regmarks, if you send that to Signcut it will mess the contour cutting as nothing much be outside the reg marks.
And lastly although I have left your template in landscape, you are much better to keep the template in portrait format so that it cuts in landscape when in Signcut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thyme

Postby riogirl71 » November 26th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Hi Dawn - thank you so much for replying! It worked!!! I calibrated and it is spot on!
Why is it better to keep the template in portrait? I usually design in inkscape in landscape...

THANK YOU!
riogirl71

Postby Thyme » November 26th, 2011, 2:44 pm

Basically you want to always cut landscape on your mat (less chance of causing any skewing). Which means that you either design in Inkscape in portrait or you do the 90 degree rotation in Signcut. I usually do the second method.
But I am reluctant to advise rotating a contour cut as it is so much more complex, so for that one operation I advise designing in portrait
Thyme

Postby newbiecat » November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm

HI there

Thought I would lob my thoughts on this - going back to an earlier post you said that signcut tried to cut the registration marks..........before you send the file to signcut - move the registration onto a different layer and then lock and hide them by closing the eye, also ensure that you are not sending the image to signcut, it will not work. It is important to only have the vector visible, then send to signcut, ensure that you only have either fill or stroke on not both, and that your opacity is at 100% or it will not cut properly

I have put up a video about tracing an image, using layers and sending to signcut to print and cut in the Tips etc section, that may help - if not please holler and if you attach the file you are working on to this post I will have a go and see if I can spot a problem with the file.

Pandora
newbiecat

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » November 26th, 2011, 7:21 pm

When I do PNC in signcut, My registration marks are always there and for some reason they don't ever cut. I don't know why, dumb luck I think. LOL
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby riogirl71 » November 27th, 2011, 1:56 am

Ends up that they show as cutting on the preview but don't cut when I do the contour cutting.

Dawn - that makes sense, I rotated 90 so I am cutting in landscape after all!

My PNC are dead on now, so very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riogirl71

Postby Thyme » November 27th, 2011, 2:33 am

Oh I am pleased!
Thyme

Postby Masselyn » January 29th, 2012, 11:30 am

Just trying to get PnC to work myself, because this is where most of my cutting will be - cutting the contour of shapes for business cards, labels, etc.

I have a dumb question, I am sure, but when following the instructions and it mentions using the arrow keys on the keyboard to align the laser, should the laser on my cutter be moving as I adjust the x/y on the computer? That is not happening, and I wonder whether I am doing something wrong or expecting something that shouldn't happen.

:)

Thanks.
Masselyn

Postby Thyme » January 29th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Yes the laser light should be moving.
Make sure that as soon as the window with the arrows pops up that you hit the up arrow immediately. Then go on to move to the position that you want the laser to be in. make sure that you do not need to move forward or to the right of your origin as this is not possible
Thyme

Postby renea72 » February 9th, 2012, 2:07 pm

CAGigi,
where do I get the Regurtration file you print
renea72

Postby Gigi » February 9th, 2012, 6:11 pm

I have attached it below. If you need the calibration sheet as well lmk. And this registration file has the white circles in the center (you can see them when you zoom in) so it makes the laser a little brighter when you hit the center.

Hope this helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Previous

Return to Signcut