Sign Cut help is awesome

Sign Cut help is awesome

Postby Suzan » December 17th, 2013, 2:23 pm

I am going to start this post by stating really loud I am not trying to down any other software at all. All the softwares used are great. However I choose to use different software than alot. Mainly because when I started with my cougar so many years ago, the only thing really available was inkscape and Adobe Illustrator, so that is how I learned and how I work. But I like MTC and SCAL for some of their features. Any way I have had trouble with Sign cut since I bought a new computer a couple of years ago. Dawn and everyone on the UK forum were so helpful trying to get me up and running. Well it turned out it isn't the software at all. Because it worked so great on my old computer which is identical to my new one. There is something in the new computer that makes me run it as an admin. Well that works great working in Illustrator, but when it comes to Corel draw, and I send it to sign cut, it crashes and closes every time. So I emailed sign cut, Saturday way late in the night. Monday morning I had an answer as to where to start. I worked on using their suggestions and emailed more details. Well they set it up to the next tier in tech support and an awesome girl Therese, has been super helpful. She agrees it is a setting in my computer that is causing this. She has given me the hourse she works and will pop in and fix it for me when ever I am available. Well since they are many time zones away we are having a problem connecting, but I have requested instructions so Bryan and I can try it. I know many here have used sign cut and loved it, and yea they went thru a really bad time, but now it seems they have really revamped and updated all they do. So if you are like me and tend to use AI, Inkscape, Corel programs that require the cutting and have sign cut, I would suggest giving it another try. With my rhinestoning, I have to use Corel because of the macro I purchased. And yes I can save my file and open sign cut and use it. But I prefer to send it thru the software. I know many have been so frustrated with Sign Cut because of issues. Just had to share what a great job they are doing now.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Sign Cut help is awesome

Postby LisaH » December 17th, 2013, 4:36 pm

That's fantastic Suzan, so glad they are helping to get you up an running "smoothly" . Never a more frustrating thing than when we need to get something done and it just seems to work against us.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Re: Sign Cut help is awesome

Postby Elizabeth » December 17th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Its always nice to hear about companies that do a great job with customer service!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Signcut