Signcut upgrade 1.96 and inkscape 48.2

Signcut upgrade 1.96 and inkscape 48.2

Postby pigtailpat » December 12th, 2013, 8:52 pm

I just wanted to let you guys know I finally got around to doing my signcut update (previously was using 1.07 and inkscape .47) and also upgraded my inkscape to 48.2.

My upgrade was painless, other than needing to re-think everything through multiple times since I had been away from it so long. I did get caught with the initial weed feature turned on, and I totally forgot about the whole area icon. But once I got back into it, I remembered alot. I do so like cutting by color. I'm not having any problems with it, so if you've been holding back on re-doing everything - make this a New Year's resolution and upgrade yourself.

I hope that during 2014 I can upgrade my SCAL to SCAL pro so that I can have the cut-by-color feature inside SCAL, but this is a good - zero cost solution for me (zero cost due to my previous purchase and license). Between my youngest son passing his road test (and you know what that means), and trying hard to meet my goal of getting the mid-arm quilting machine next year, little extras have to be sacrificed for the time being. But once I meet my goal, it's open season!!!

))):::

Pat

UPDATE: Another benefit to updating signcut, is this version now works with Corel Draw 5. I was very late to the party with Corel Draw. Earlier versions of Corel Draw worked fine with 1.07 signcut, but version 5 could not work. I figured to test it - and the export is working wonderful. Of the two heavy duty programs (i.e. Illustrator - vs - Corel Draw), I much prefer Corel Draw as I can understand it better. I'm so lost on Illustrator. So now, I have a situation where I can cut to the cougar from any program my heart desires - great for a junkie like me!
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Return to Signcut