signcut trial

signcut trial

Postby MendyRap » June 8th, 2011, 11:18 pm

Is there a way to download and play with signcut before purchasing it? Thanks for any insight.
MendyRap

Re: signcut trial

Postby Suzan » June 8th, 2011, 11:24 pm

I believe there is Dawn can answer this better
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby MendyRap » June 8th, 2011, 11:26 pm

Ok, thanks Susan!
MendyRap

Postby jobab » June 9th, 2011, 12:19 am

I hope I am answereing correctly. Signcut is the programme we use to cut the design, The actual designing is done in inkscape. Inkscape is free to download on the internet and we use the version 0.47 as this is the one that we have the signcut plugin for at the moment. No actual designing is done in signcut.
I think there is a trial version of signcut available from their site but I have never tried it.

Cheers
Jo
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby mplesk » June 9th, 2011, 12:57 am

Ok, now I am confused...
The only version of Inkscape I found to download was 0.48.1 (and this is what I have been playing with) The post above mentions 0.47 :!: :?:
Will the latest version of Inkscape not work with Signcut. If this does not work, then how would one get this previous version? Help... :?

Thanks,
Martha
mplesk

Cutter: Lynx 12"

Postby Thyme » June 9th, 2011, 2:36 am

Signcut trial can be found here - http://www.signcutpro.com/trial.html
Inkscape 0.47 can be found here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/inkscap ... cape/0.47/
Or the direct link for the PC version is this - http://sourceforge.net/projects/inkscap ... e/download
Thyme

Postby mplesk » June 9th, 2011, 8:14 am

Dawn,

Thanks! Wow- what quick response!

Martha
mplesk

Cutter: Lynx 12"

Postby Thyme » June 9th, 2011, 8:16 am

You''re welcome
Thyme

Postby Mary Kobe » June 9th, 2011, 11:08 am

mplesk wrote:

" Dawn,

Thanks! Wow- what quick response!"

She sleeps with her laptop! ;)
Mary Kobe

Postby Thyme » June 9th, 2011, 11:28 am

Now now, no giving away my secrets!
Thyme

Postby Angel135612 » June 9th, 2011, 12:38 pm

I just downloaded the trial, and am trying to figure out the program. Even with the little bit I have been playing with it, I do think this is going to be better for me, once I learn how to use it, and where it's going to cut when I put my design in there.

How do you tell it where on your mat to cut.. do you place your laser in the lower right hand corner of the bounding box? I notice that it feeds the mat to the "next" area once it has "cut" (I'm using a pen just to see what I'm doing until I get this figured out).
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » June 9th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Hey Angel......that's the most confusing thing to me at first......you'll notice on the tool bar at the top there's an image of the cutter.....see the A on the mat......that piece of paper is like you will load it into the front of your cutter......so when you see your items on the screen...the are laying out from the bottom right corner of your mat over......does that make sense????
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Tyler » June 9th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Orient your machine to your right facing left (MTC was on your left facing right). Signcut has 2 ways to cut - Prut and cut (use laser) and regular cut. Regular cut is just like knife point cutting only where you set the blade is the bottom left of the bounding box. No need for the laser!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Angel135612 » June 9th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Hi Tyler, It is difficult for me to move my machine around, as I don't have much room on my table. I have it set up to the left of my computer, and facing me, so I can reach the buttons. Usually I didn't have a problem with getting things oriented using MTC, but since this doesn't have a mat per se to look at, I'm having a little trouble "seeing" where it's going to cut. I'm used to seeing the size of my image relative to the mat, and since Signcut doesn't show a mat, it is just taking me a bit to get used to it all. I know once I figure it all out, it will make sense but for now... it's just a bit confusing.

Also, I'm getting a box drawn (I'm using the pen tool until I get this all figured out) around my image after it is finished... I can't seem to find a way to turn this off. Any ideas?
Angel135612

Postby Thyme » June 9th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Hi Angel, the Box is the weeding frame, when you click on the scissors and get the pop up window, look half way down and you will see the use weeding frame option, uncheck it.
As to where it will cut, look at the image in Signcut and then rotate it anticlockwise by 90 degrees, that it how it will cut on your mat in the machine. set the origin using the blade and not the laser and it will cut at thte origin.
Once you are used to it I will teach you how to place stuff so that you can cut it in exactly the position you want on your media
Thyme

Postby Angel135612 » June 9th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Thanks Dawn... that took care of that problem. Now I will work on where things are going on my mat.. I think I have it figured out somewhat.. just need to do a bit more testing and getting used to it.
Angel135612

Postby Thyme » June 9th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Great!
Thyme

Postby Tyler » June 9th, 2011, 2:45 pm

As in MTC, you can cut landscape or portrait. You can choose your option by going to cutter and clicking the rotate dropdown box. It gives you the choice of 0 degrees (portrait) or 90 degrees (landscape). MTC's landscape design is done feeding the machine in from the left. Signcut's landscape is done with the machine feeding from the right.

Signcut works like kinfe point cutting and does not need the laser to cut.

If you have choosen 90 degrees (landscape), wherever you set the blade will represent the bottom left of the bounding box (compared to MTC top right). The yellow dot shows the position of the blade.

90 degrees (blade bottom left of bounding box).PNG

If you have portrait chosen or 0 degrees, wherever you set the blade will be the bottom right. (Which I believe is the same as in MTC). Don't quote me on this one since I do all my cutting in landscape. :-)

0 degrees (blade bottom right')..PNG

We will show it in a webinar - maybe that would help people!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: Signcut trial

Postby renea72 » January 15th, 2012, 10:06 pm

I think a Webinar would help me out just got my Machine for Christmas
renea72

Return to Signcut