Need help with manual calibration

Need help with manual calibration

Postby lindalou » November 24th, 2012, 7:45 pm

My computer died today :cry:
I have now taken over my husbands computer and have installed my black cat and signcut on
his.

I'm trying to do the manual calibration and everytime I try to do it, I get this prompt (have
attached photo)

I think I probably ticked something to make it come up every time I do a contour cut and
it confuses me. I want to get rid of it. Can someone help.

This prompt does not show in the instructions of the manual calibration, so I don't know how
to respond to it.

Help!

Lindalou
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lindalou

Re: Need help with manual calibration

Postby LisaH » November 24th, 2012, 7:59 pm

I don't use signcut, but I'm sure someone that does will be along soon to answer.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » November 24th, 2012, 8:33 pm

HI Linda -

Are you using the directions I sent you? Did you install the BC drives and SignCut according to the manual in the learning center? Just want to be sure you installed the right drivers and SignCut program.

I don't remember that ever coming up - what happens if you click on the yes since that is what you are trying to do? What step are you on when that message appears?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby lindalou » November 24th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I'm sure I've installed the Black Cat and Signcut properly - I've followed my installation manual
and all my setting match.

It happens after I click "special cutting">simple contour cut and then the prompt appears
before the arrow window to move the laser to the registration marks.

If I click yes I get the following prompt (I've attached a screenshot) Then if I click okay it does
a test I by marking a cross (like the one in the registration mark).

I don't understand if I need to set the marking somewhere.l

I've tried answering no to the prompt and it goes right into the contour cut. However,
I've been able to set the X but the Y is way off and I'm down to "0" and it still need to go
up on the page to match the test square. I don't know where to go from here - my next guess
would be to put in a +number but that isn't working either.

I'm thinking the calibration is not working because I'm not setting the mark where it should be
from this window. Does this all make sense?

Lindalou
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lindalou

Postby Gigi » November 24th, 2012, 11:12 pm

SignCut makes a cross?? Ok I really am confused. I thought only SCAL did that. And in your settings you have it set to three point calibration - right? That should be checked.

I have used SignCut for years and have never seen that prompt or have it cut an "x" so I am perplexed. Hopefully Dawn will be on - she knows SignCut inside out, and she can hopefully shed some light on this. I double checked the directions I sent you and that is the way I do it - so am thinking some little something is off - not sure what.

Did you perhaps download a newer version of SignCut?? The one I have is Build 1.07
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » November 25th, 2012, 1:54 am

Do you have your original calibration figures? If so go to settings and enter them there. If you don't then do a manual calibration and use the figures you get from that manual calibration. Ignore that prompt.
Thyme

Postby lindalou » November 25th, 2012, 9:00 am

Dawn,
I am following the manual and using those figures. I have started over many times following
the manual with that same window popping up. I've even tried following the instructions in this window but cannot get the arrows to work to move the laser.

My computer died and I transfered everything to my husbands computer.
Now I'm having trouble with the Ports in the Cutter Window.
They are now listing my printers.

I really need some serious help :cry: :cry: :cry:
lindalou

Postby Thyme » November 25th, 2012, 5:17 pm

From your other post you are sorted now?
If not let me know
Thyme

Return to Signcut