Having trouble with contour cut since reinstalling signcut

Having trouble with contour cut since reinstalling signcut

Postby lindalou » November 24th, 2012, 11:25 am

I had to reinstall signcut. I can't do my contour cut.
It is reading the first three registration marks and then travelling off the page and pushing the cutting sheet off.

I think something may have changed somewhere and can't figure it out.

The X - 16.00 and Y-26.00 are the calibration numbers I got when I calibrated my machine in the beginning.

I'm uploading the file, and some screenshots of windows hoping someone might see something and be able to help.

I am getting very frustrated. :banghead: :banghead:

Lindalou
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lindalou

Re: Having trouble with contour cut since reinstalling signc

Postby Gigi » November 24th, 2012, 11:54 am

Hmmm -my x setting is -17.30.

And on the cutter settings, mine advance after cut and rewind settings are at zero.

I remember mine doing that once and cannot remember why. Will try your file in a bit and see what happens.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby lindalou » November 24th, 2012, 12:08 pm

I've now had my cutter window change.
I've lost my output device port - it is showing my printer and other programs now. :whip: :whip:

I just seem to be making things worse!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lindalou

Postby Gigi » November 24th, 2012, 12:37 pm

You had it set at com port 3 as I recall - just change it back. But check in device manager and be sure that port is working and it the right one. I am trying to cut it now (but having to remind myself how to do a print and cut in SignCut as I have been using SCAL!! :banghead: :banghead: Retraining my brain!

I am wondering if you saved the wrong part, the image file, because when I open it in signcut I have the red X through the whole design and as I recall that is the image file. That may be why it's not cutting?? Again - cannot remember if my other files looked that way - will work on this first and then try another one!!

Well my sign cut won't contour cut or cut period - it just shuts down, and I reinstalled it so I am no help in trying it.

BUT - I did open another PNC file that I had and exported it to SignCut and there is no red x through it - so I think that may be your problem - you are exporting the wrong part of the file. Give that a try once you get your settings worked out. And I am sure if I am offbase someone will come along and straighten me out!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby lindalou » November 24th, 2012, 2:41 pm

I think I now have all my setting correct but I think I need to just recalibrate for contour cut.

Can you direct me to a tutorial on that. The one I'm finding is for SCAL and I'm using Inkscape and Signcut.
lindalou

Postby Gigi » November 24th, 2012, 7:03 pm

I have a pdf on how to do calibration. It's a little over a mb or I would post it here. I thought it was on the BC Learning Center, but I couldn't find it. Am happy to send you the pdf if you want that - it is pretty clear. Do you also need the calibration sheet? Just want to be sure I send all that you need. LMK.

Am decorating off and on but will watch for a response and get it off to you. Oh never mind - will just send it all now and you should be good to go. Holler if you have questions.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby lindalou » November 24th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Thanks Gigi,
I'm trying to use that to recalibrate. Hopefully I'll get there.

Lindalou
lindalou

Return to Signcut