Machine pausing at the end of a cut

Machine pausing at the end of a cut

Postby tamihowse » October 27th, 2012, 12:21 am

Hey, Everyone. I'm trying to cut vinyl on my Cougar with 24 inch vinyl using Signcut. I cut 3 pieces vertically that are about 24-30 inches long and 6 in. wide. So, I cut three pieces at about 6 in., then I cut the last one down to size to fit the rest of the 24 in. The cut starts, but then the machine pauses. I make sure the mat size is OK on Signcut, but I just can't get that last piece to cut. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure it out. I'm left with a 5-6 in. wide piece that I can use later (I cut all of them off at the end so I don't have to re-load the vinyl), but it makes batch cutting somewhat difficult.
Waiting for Hurricane Sandy to make her appearance in Southeast PA. My biggest concern is to get a bunch of vinyl cut for my vendor shows before we have a power outage. Ha.
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Re: Machine pausing at the end of a cut

Postby Gigi » October 27th, 2012, 12:41 am

Are you sure this piece is within the cutting range of the machine? That is one of the main reasons a machine will pause. I know you know how to cut so I feel silly asking... but is your mat to the right of the machine?

Hope the hurricane does not cause any major problems for you. Stay safe please.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Machine pausing at the end of a cut

Postby Elizabeth » October 27th, 2012, 7:57 pm

No advice on the cutting. I will be thinking of you as the storm hits. Stay safe!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Signcut