Print and Cut with Signcut

Print and Cut with Signcut

Postby Elsa » June 5th, 2011, 8:34 am

I know print and cut is a really big thing. I don't do a whole lot of it. And I can honestly say. Sign Cut kicks it all the way with print and cut. And people seem to think they have to use and design in inkscape. Well you don't. Do everything you do in your program, export as an SVG. Then open ink, and cut thru sign cut. It is so worth it. For the cutting, I am not knocking MTC at all, it is a great program, especially for those that don't want to learn Inkscape, or AI, or Corel. But the cutting can't be beat. I can load my mat, put my paper anywhere, and start to cut. I don't have to move 2 inches this way and 1 inch that way. And it cuts by color. And The print and cut is spot on once set up. Now I am a real confused person with the whole x and y thing. Dawn came in helped me get that right, I never ever have to change it for anything. And poof it cuts with 3 point registration. I know that is where a lot of the frustration comes from with MTC. It was addressed in another post that it will come. And It might. But this is a guarentee because it already does it.Suzan
http://www.papyrusjungle.com
http://papyrusjungle.blogspot.com/
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Are the x and y offsets for print and cut specific to the machine or are they specific to the machine and the software combination? IE: Will the same x and y offsets that work with MTC work with Signcut?
Elsa

Cutter: 13" Black Cat Cougar

Re: Print and Cut with Signcut

Postby Thyme » June 5th, 2011, 8:52 am

They should be the same in Signcut and MTC, they are specific to the machine
Thyme

Re: Print and Cut with Signcut

Postby Elsa » June 5th, 2011, 9:52 am

Thanks!!
Elsa

Cutter: 13" Black Cat Cougar

Return to Signcut