PNC Signcut - Help

PNC Signcut - Help

Postby Retta » September 3rd, 2012, 5:53 pm

Okay - here is my admitting what a dumb blonde I am. Suzan walked me through getting the registration settings on every little thing set. Okay - what I was doing WRONG! I was not sending the registration marks with the file to the cutter. I thought you only sent them to the printer. So now was able to get really close.

I have a couple of questions and maybe weird problems. So help is appreciated. I know this is a holiday, so will try to be patient.

1. The squares are cutting rounded by a little bit????

2. The inside square isn't right on, not even close, but the outside is good???

3. The ending of the cut doesn't match up with the beginning of the cut by quite a bit?

4. I'm using inkscape .47 and signcut 1.07. I'm on a Windows laptop with Vista sp2, Blackcat Cougar 13". I have the offset set at .30 as per the instructions. Thanks.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Re: PNC Signcut - Help

Postby Retta » September 3rd, 2012, 6:01 pm

Am also not getting a strong signal from my laser. It is very faint most of the time. May be a short - sometimes strong and sometimes non-exsistance. I haven't reallly used it before, but it was brighter at one time.
Retta

Postby Gigi » September 3rd, 2012, 6:03 pm

Retta -

I encountered outer box ok and inner not ok at one point and it was an old mat that was skewing (not a Cougar mat) - I was trying to use up the old stuff!!) Not sure what mat you are using...

My blade offset is 0.0118 (could be because mine is in inches I think??) Havent used it in a while so not sure.

The fact that your cut doesn't match up with the beginning makes me think it is the mat. I have also had that problem and using the better mat solved that problem

Not sure what else to tell you - I don't know why the squares are rounding......???
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Retta » September 3rd, 2012, 6:17 pm

Suzan had me do a factory reset on the machine. Most is okay now. Just the laser being dim is going on. Need to know how to fix that. Thanks!
Retta

Return to Signcut