dashed lines not cutting as dashed - ink and signcut

dashed lines not cutting as dashed - ink and signcut

Postby riogirl71 » August 22nd, 2012, 7:42 pm

One other issue popped up, when I change my lines on inkscape to dashed lines and send to signcut they cut as solid lines no matter which dashed lines I pick. The only way I could get them to cut dashed was by going to extensions, modify path and then convert to dashes. But then it cuts one little dash on one side then another little one way over there then another little one as if all the little dashes were not a continuous dashed line. I upgraded my signcut to 1.95 and weird things started happening! I am trying to make score lines. Help! Thanks!
So many ideas... so little time!
riogirl71

Re: dashed lines not cutting as dashed - ink and signcut

Postby Angel135612 » August 22nd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Try drawing your line, selecting the dashes you want, then using Path>Stroke to Path, and see if that gives you the results you are looking for. I had this problem when I was making the Ticket file... I made the line between the tickets look like a dash, but it cut just one line. using the Path>Stroke to Path worked for me. Keep in mind that doing it this way, each of the dashes will be a little 'square' and have 4 corners. You can then make them as "thin" as you want. I'm not aware of a way to make them just one single cut line... haven't figured that out yet... LOL There may be a way to do that, but I don't know it yet.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby riogirl71 » August 22nd, 2012, 10:30 pm

Thanks Angel! If you do it the way above it actually converts all those rectangles into dashes, what I don't understand is it used to dash the lines when cutting with no issue but now it won't!!!
riogirl71

Postby Angel135612 » August 22nd, 2012, 11:13 pm

Riogirl, thanks, I didn't know about that... that is a much easier way to make dashed lines than what I was doing. I'm still using 1.47 and it works your way in that version.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » August 22nd, 2012, 11:35 pm

If you draw a single dash and then the length of line you want dashed you can use pattern along path.
But you shouldn't need to do that, the dashed lines should cut as dashed using Signcut. I would strongly suggest reverting back to the earlier version of Signcut - others have had problems with 1.95 too
Thyme

Postby riogirl71 » August 24th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Thanks Dawn! At least it is not me :)
riogirl71

Return to Signcut