Help! Expired after 4 months? *Resolved - I think*

Help! Expired after 4 months? *Resolved - I think*

Postby GliderGal » June 16th, 2012, 8:21 pm

I keep getting an error in Signcut that says my subscription has expired. I've had it for less than 4 months. Every time I tried to go to the website, I get an error that the there's no connection to the database. That happens with every link to Signcut.

If the website is down (for what ever reason) and the program can't check validity of the license, does it revert to trial version? Any suggestions?

I just spent several hours designing a file in Corel, exported in ai format expecting to cut, and now I'm frustrated! Sorry to vent :hide:

Edited to add...
I just checked the website again and was able to open it. Then opened signcut and all was well. My kitty is happily purring now (me, too).
GliderGal

Cutter: 18" Cougar, Cameo

Re: Help! Expired after 4 months? *Resolved - I think*

Postby Retta » June 17th, 2012, 12:32 am

I'm not sure if you are still working out okay, but they did just help me in e-mail support. I have the dongle version of the program and it had stopped working except with the dongle. Previously it was working without it. Past my expiration date. I now have the dongle registered and I do have to put it in to use. So all is good. Glad you were able to resolve it.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby GliderGal » June 20th, 2012, 4:40 am

SignCut is still working. I'm thinking they may have been doing maintenance on the website when I kept getting the "trial version" message.

I'm a little confused about getting the dongle. I've read several posts (here and on the UK forum) that say we automatically get a dongle after the initial 12 months. Some posts, though, sounded like that applies to only the customers who live in the UK. I wasn't going to worry/think about that, though, until my 12 months period was coming to an end :).

thanks for your reply ;)
GliderGal

Postby Thyme » June 20th, 2012, 5:49 am

There has been a problem with the dongle, instead of that your license will be extended (if you contact me) until Signcut have ready their new license package. This is a 24 year Craft license, however it can also be swapped to a pro license whenever and for how long you wish. If it is used continually as a pro license it will last 8 years.
Hope this explains things for you.
Thyme

Postby GliderGal » June 22nd, 2012, 5:47 pm

Thyme wrote:There has been a problem with the dongle, instead of that your license will be extended (if you contact me) until Signcut have ready their new license package. This is a 24 year Craft license, however it can also be swapped to a pro license whenever and for how long you wish. If it is used continually as a pro license it will last 8 years.
Hope this explains things for you.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I've found that I like using SignCut a lot - more than the other 2 programs I have for cutting.
GliderGal

Return to Signcut