Help! Signcut stops in the middle of my design

Help! Signcut stops in the middle of my design

Postby tamihowse » March 9th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Does anyone else have this problem?
I design in SCAL3. I do lots of subway art, so my design often has about 15 or more words on a piece of 8" by 22" rectangle. When I cut it with Signcut (I use vinyl for this), I can never be sure if it's going to cut the entire design. It will often cut about 10 words, then it will stop. The carriage doesn't go back to the origin. I can always tell when it hasn't finished, even when I'm somewhere else in the house, because I don't hear the carriage go back to the origin.
That means that I have to cut out the second "half" on another piece of vinyl, and I can't take advantage of the weeding lines (which are uber helpful with my big vinyl projects).
It's getting to where I almost have to design my subway art in halves, because I know Signcut won't finish. I could cut it in MTC, but then I can't use the weeding lines feature of Signcut.
Any suggestions?
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Re: Help! Signcut stops in the middle of my design

Postby rachellann » March 9th, 2012, 9:08 pm

What size cutter and are you with in the cutting zones it sounds like you may be hitting the area that the cutter can not cut the last 3-4 " what ever the size machine you have is the max width it will cut IE:::: 13-15-18-24 and 12 for the lynx
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby tamihowse » March 10th, 2012, 9:32 am

Yeah Rachellann. I have my mat size correct on the Signcut settings. When it stops, it often stops in the middle.
Wondering if maybe the cutter jars my connection loose? Tami
tamihowse

Postby rachellann » March 10th, 2012, 11:06 am

Ok one quick fix is put just a little tape around the end that fits into the cougar and see if that helps, also do you have just a regular usb cable or s sheilded one it has a peices that looks like the image below. I have found when using cords that have the sheilded work far better if you just want to use a usb the other option has been posted in your other posts that is a keyspan or serial to usb converter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby tamihowse » March 10th, 2012, 7:11 pm

Thanks, Rachellann. I do believe that's the route I'm going to have to take. I'll post again if I'm still having problems after that.
Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Return to Signcut