Cut line not showing up in Signcut

Cut line not showing up in Signcut

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 20th, 2012, 8:24 pm

I think I will start all my questions with this... :hide:

I download an svg of a scallop border. I copied it and pasted it into a new file that I was creating in. (later I tried importing with the same results). The scallop had fill but no stroke, so I changed the stroke to .01 Which does just fine for me. I did paste it onto a cut layer. I then welded it to a square, to get a rectangle shape with a scallop side. Then I imported an image and used the clip tool to set the image into the shape (I duplicated the cut line so I would have a cut line too... :ROFLMBO: ). When I export the finished cut line to Sign Cut, nothing shows up at all. The page looks too big. So I went back and copied and pasted and embeded all my images and cutlines into a new file. Everything works fine right up to the point of adding the rectangle scallop. So after all this work I went back to the original file and tried sending it to signcut with again nothing showing up. :roll: :roll: :roll: Hopefully you are all rolling your eyes and saying..that girl is a dork :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: and you can help me...LOL.

Here is the original file I download...and again I am new to the inkscape thing. Just playing around. But I printed out this file..and I just really don't want to have to cut the scallops.... :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I am kind of lazy.. :oops: :oops:

Thank you to all the geniuses in advance.... :bighug:
Heather
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyArtisticAdventures

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 24 inch

Re: Cut line not showing up in Signcut

Postby Angel135612 » February 20th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Okay I think this may be an easy one... Did you close the layer with your image in it before you sent it to signcut? Signcut doesn't like images... only vectors... so try that, if it doesn't work come back and maybe someone else will have an idea.

You don't say that you have your image on a different layer... you need that, so you can close it up. Have it showing when you print your image, with cut line eye closed, then when you send to Signcut, close the image, and open the cut line, and then see what you get.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 20th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Oops...sorry..I have the images on a separate layer...I have it closed so you can see it when I send it to sign cut. Interesting thing is that when I printed it...one of the images was not right...even though in inkscape it showed that it was ...LOL. I will just redo that piece. I took out the image layer before I sent the file.

LOL...Diane...just say your siggy...I am doing the TRY -angle!

Hugs!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby Thyme » February 21st, 2012, 3:11 am

The problem is the opacity, on both files you have 98% on some parts rather than the 100% it needs to be. Once you correct that the file will show correctly in Signcut
Thyme

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 21st, 2012, 7:31 am

Thank you Dawn :0). I remember hearing that or reading that somewhere. Funny thing I know where to adjust opacity in GIMP. But no clue where that is in Inkscape....but I will find it for sure!!

I need to find a place where I can read up on inkscape. When I open all my files they are "Zoomed IN Real Close"....and I always have to start out with the magnifying tool to zoom out. I am sure there is a way to change this, just need to figure out how :0)

Hugs!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 21st, 2012, 7:53 am

I looked at the Opacity bar in layers....and it was fine...but just realized that there was one in the stroke editing box :hide:
Thank you!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Return to Signcut