Print and cut not cutting

Print and cut not cutting

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 5th, 2012, 4:56 pm

:banghead:

So I have finally figured out a way to print out my inkscape file. I export it to sign cut and choose the advanced contour cut..(It does the same thing for the other contour cut as well). I go and locate all my registration marks, and it doesn't cut. Here is a little screen capture I did of what is occuring :hide: :banghead: :banghead: :cry:

I hope someone has some idea of what I am doing wrong...because I have finally taken the time to figure out a little about incskape...so I really want to use signcut...instead of mtc (although I like it..you just can't manipulate your images like you can in inkscape).

I will send TONS of hugs to all that can help
Heather

It will be a second...didn't realize my video just showed up and not a link..so it doesnt work..so I will get it and add it in a minute

http://screencast.com/t/y9f1ysOogTLy
MyArtisticAdventures

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 24 inch

Re: Print and cut not cutting

Postby Thyme » February 5th, 2012, 5:19 pm

You should be using simple contour cut.
Another point, your template needs adjusting, all the cutlines should be inside the innermost parts of the regmarks. Your template is too large and has encroached on the reg marks
Thyme

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 5th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Okay..that was a test for myself to see if I had to be within the reg marks. So I will make a new one and try that first then let you know :0)
Thankyou :0)
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 5th, 2012, 5:56 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Woooo Hooo!! that did it. Of course when it cut out it cut in the wrong spot, but I just reinserted my paper read the marks again...and it cut it out PERFECT (I need to to adjust a tiny amount..but it did the same in MTC). I am SOOOO Happy!

I was doing a lot of PNC with MTC. And it would take FOREVER for my pages to cut. THis was so much faster. Well I will for sure post what I have done once I figure out what to adjust :0) Actually thinking of just putting my paper on the opposite will work...LOL

BIG HUGS!! I made you a real quick image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 5th, 2012, 6:04 pm

The sad thing is that my DH mentioned something about my lines being outside the reg marks. I didn't think it would affect how it was read in the program. I have use silhouette studio forever..and it shows you where you cant have things (wastes a bit of paper)..but if you print it out..it shows up past the lines...it just doesn't cut them. He gave me the told you so ...I will figure out the rest and get started :0)
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby Retta » February 5th, 2012, 7:29 pm

Congratulations. And cute rose!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Thyme » February 5th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Glad you got it sorted and thank you for the rose!
Thyme

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 5th, 2012, 7:41 pm

I am a super happy girl...doing the happy happy dance :0)
Thank you Thank you!!
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby Gigi » February 5th, 2012, 7:54 pm

That is awesome Heather - way to go! Trust me - Dawn has saved us all many times!!

Sorry about the "told you so" from your husband - :ROFLMBO:

I love doing PNCs in Signcut - I think it's super easy (once I got my settings all straight!) Glad you are enjoying it!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » February 5th, 2012, 8:28 pm

One thing I would suggest for better accuracy is to pick 3 point registration instead of two. It will help make it even more accurate. Beautiful rose.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » February 5th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Good catch Suzan - The three point makes it unbelievably accurate. I remember when I started doing it it seemed to take forever and Dawn said "just wait - you will be able to do it in no time" and she was right again - of course. The more you do it the easier it is to center it in the registration marks!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » February 5th, 2012, 9:12 pm

Yes and I do have a template somewhere that has a white dot in the center of the registration marks which makes it even easier. But you know of course I can't find it. It is just enough to change the laser color which helps me a bunch
Suzan

Suzan

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 5th, 2012, 11:12 pm

I have it set to the three point...because that is what I am used to with the silhouette. I have cut out a bunch of goodies already this evening...will take photos and load them here. I pretty much only did print and cut with my Silhouette...so I have not been one to take layers of different colors of paper and make things. I will have to try that. But I LOVE print and cut. I will post photos somewhere...
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby MyArtisticAdventures » February 5th, 2012, 11:20 pm

Here is what I did this evening. The Rose is one that I painted in GIMP. I have enjoyed tole painted. At work I have time to get on the computer...and My DH suggested that I might like to try painting in GIMP. So I have a few roses that I painted (took a while..lol). So now I can use them in anything...LOL. That was the whole reason of getting the Silhouette..so I could cut them out. All the tags...are collages that I created myself :0) TOOO FUNN!! I had hoped to get them in two challenge today..but I couldn't figure out how to work things. So I figure I will try to get them in a few challenges tomorrow.

The tags with the roses ...one side is for journaling..the other to slip a photo on..it will slide under the rose (on the love pattern one). I showed both sides. Same with the King of LOVE..the other side looks like the tag all the way to the right. The back of that one says...Queen instead of KING. The heart with boy and girl collage I did is identical on the other side.
too much infomation...I know...I just get to having fun :D

Thanks for looking..and for all the help!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hugs
Heather
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyArtisticAdventures

Postby Barbara » February 6th, 2012, 4:18 am

Suzanne the Registration Marks with the white dots are the one Loupy did on BC UK. It is very handy.
Barbara
Barbara

Postby Suzan » February 6th, 2012, 10:53 am

Thanks Barbara, I will have to go get it again. I don't know why I keep misplacing it.
Suzan

Suzan

Return to Signcut