Signcut export to Black Cat

Signcut export to Black Cat

Postby Nicole Noel » December 7th, 2011, 7:20 pm

I have figured out how to use Inkscape, export to Sign Cut, preview and make a test cut but when I hit cut the little box comes on momentarily indicating that is will tell me how long the cut will take and then it disappears and nothing happens. I have reviewed the suggested settings in both the software and the Black Cat. Does anyone have a suggestion or two? I am desperate to use my new toy.
Nicole Noel

Re: Signcut export to Black Cat

Postby Tyler » December 7th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Do a factory reset (turn off machine, hold origin button, turn on machine while still holding origin button. Follow these two lessons step by step:
learn/cougar_manual/lessons/Installing_and_Configuring_the_Cougar_Driver__PC_.html
learn/signcut_manual/lessons/The_Cutting_Settings.html

Then make sure your machine is plugged into your computer and online. See if that helps.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Nicole Noel » December 10th, 2011, 9:19 am

Thanks. I figured out that the port setting needed to be adjusted so my Mac is sending to my Black Cat. I have spent the past few days trying to get a good cut with no success. I have tried to use the online resources to no avail so I turn to you.

I am trying to cut card stock with my click blade.
I have am using the 6 degree blade.
I have tried to adjust the velocity and force and the blade height.
BUT I continue to wind up with a cut that does not cut all the way through and the top of the cut looks like it is being cut with a dull blade. I am wondering - do you need to make sure the the blade is facing a certain way?
Any advise will be very much appreciated.
Nicole Noel

Postby Tyler » December 10th, 2011, 10:11 am

No, doesn't have to face a certain way. The blade will spin in the blade holder, which allows it to cut different directions.

A dull blade could be the culprit - do you have any other blades? Even a 45 degree would work well for cardstock. Make sure you are using the CD method to set your blade height - found in the learning center. If you are getting drag marks, lift the blade up just little. If that doesn't work, it may be worth a shot to watch the webinar (8/2/11) that goes through cutting materials and different things that I do that helps me troubleshoot. http://blackcatus.com/learn/?page_id=228 The first 26 minutes talks about cleaning the pinch wheels, which likely isn't the problem. I hope that helps get you pointed in the right direction. Keep us posted.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Return to Signcut