Warning - singcut has stopped working

Warning - singcut has stopped working

Postby riogirl71 » December 7th, 2011, 2:42 pm

I had an issue last night, I would send something from inkscape to signcut and it was fine, the second I pressed "cutout" it would close out and a message would come up that said "signcut has stopped working" Argh! Well I want to let you know why it happened to me, I had changed the cable to an USB port in the back of the computer instead of the front! THe computer was off and I assumed everything would work. It didn't and I spent quite a while trying to fgure out why signcut would not work. I reinstalled the driver to cougar and reinstalled signcut over itself with the machine plugged in my desired new USB port and voila it worked great again! So I am posting this in case you ever want to change USB ports on your cougar and get this generic error message. I hope this is not a double post because I didn't have time to search, just wanted to save someone time since I wasted mine last night!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
So many ideas... so little time!
riogirl71

Re: Warning - singcut has stopped working

Postby kate3 » December 7th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Cougars often only like one USB port and sometimes they change their mind about which one. I don't get to choose which one because he is the boss if I want to cut. I do talk about him behind his back and I feel much better. :shock:
kate3

Postby Tyler » December 7th, 2011, 9:33 pm

It's actually not the cougar, it's the computer. The cutter just receives the information. Some computers have more powerful ports/components than others which could be why there are differences. I have one computer that will work with any of the 4 ports. Another computer only will communicate through 2 ports. Just something to be aware of!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Suzan » December 8th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Mine is the same way, I switch ports all the time and have never had a problem
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Return to Signcut