Do I use landscape?

Re: Do I use landscape?

Postby Retta » September 25th, 2011, 10:02 am

Kate I do that! I hope your legs feel better today. Can not wait to see!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kate3 » September 25th, 2011, 11:55 am

Retta wrote:Kate I do that! I hope your legs feel better today. Can not wait to see!!!

I can't wait to see the signs on the dark blue speed boat. They wanted metallic silver vinyl and it is a pain to cut. It is not soft like other vinyl. They called the boat the Southern Cross so there is a cutout of the 5 stars in the Southern cross in between the two words.
We are from the land down under. We do love the Southern Cross. It is the first thing I look for in the sky at night.
Is it just me? If I make something and it looks perfect to the person I made it for but I can always find something that bothers me about it. I give everything away always that I make. They told me I should be making the floating frames and selling them. I never feel like anything is good enough too sell. Anyway I would not charge family or friends. I am so critical of my work. :banghead:
kate3

Postby Retta » September 25th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Kate are we sisters. I do that. Don't charge for things I make all the time and yet dream of doing it to sell.

That sounds lovely. I am never totally happy with what I've done and think of things after the fact.

Does anyone know what kind of vinyl I need to use, so you can wash the tumblers. I have two to try it out on. I need to buy some vinyl. I hope it would be able to be washed even in a dishwasher, at least by hand.
Retta

Postby kate3 » September 25th, 2011, 10:19 pm

Most good outdoor vinyls work and stay on using a dishwasher. Is there another way to wash dishes? :shock:
I think Oracal 631 is good but the ladies who make a lot of tumblers will know. I haven't made one. I just like looking at theirs and I can't find them in Australia.
kate3

Postby CeCeCreates » September 25th, 2011, 10:37 pm

I think that outdoor or glossy vinyl is best to use on tumblers.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kate3 » September 26th, 2011, 3:32 am

I just got sent a picture of the speed boat with my vinyl on it by phone text. Either they took it from a weird angle or something is odd because the S and C are the same height. They put the Southern Cross stars on slightly crooked. I had to put the transfer tape onto each words and the stars separately after weeding with instruction on how to do a wet application. I made it the same for the other side of the boat too. I wonder if the stars are straight on that side. They love it and it is driving me crazy but I have talked myself out of an 8 hour flight to go and do it over. :shock:

Boat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kate3

Postby Elizabeth » September 26th, 2011, 6:25 am

It looks great, Kate!

I use the glossy outdoor vinyl on my tumblers. The tumblers themselves are not dishwasher safe, so I always wash them by hand.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Retta » September 26th, 2011, 9:17 am

Kate , CeCe and Elizabeth - thanks and I will remind them all not to use a dishwasher!

Kate - that looks good to me. I know you wanted it a certain way, but I couldn't tell it was messed up - just looked artistic!

Love it when you all share! I may never get these tumblers done, but I can dream.
Retta

Postby kate3 » September 26th, 2011, 11:14 am

Thank you Retta and Elizabeth. I suppose I will just have to live with crooked stars. It is not like I will ever see it again or not for a few years. I do owe them a return visit but that won't be for sometime.
Elizabeth, I read where someone is putting them through the dishwasher and they were fine. Maybe they had a different brand of tumblers.
kate3

Postby PennyDuncan » September 26th, 2011, 12:18 pm

That does look GREAT!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » September 26th, 2011, 8:37 pm

That looks wonderful!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kate3 » September 26th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Thank you Penny and Gigi. I do love that father and son bought it together and rebuilt it together. They don't have much so they thought my sign was fabulous but I will never work with that shiny, metallic foil again. You can scratch it before you use it, I did just by wiping it but you don't notice the scratches when it is done.
kate3

Previous

Return to Signcut