Can someone using Inkscape and Signcut try this file.

Can someone using Inkscape and Signcut try this file.

Postby lindalou » August 17th, 2011, 8:18 pm

I am trying to cut this file and it cuts the first image without the interior bits (like a mat) and then cuts a
line through cardstock across to the last image and starts cutting that image in the center. :banghead: :banghead

Why is it cutting only the first image and the last image. Also it shouldn't be cutting the cardstock inbetween. I know
I have the blade set right - I checked it with the Cd method.

Help!!!

Lindalou

I've attached a picture of what it looks like in signcut. You can see there are images in between the images that
cut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lindalou

Re: Can someone using Inkscape and Signcut try this file.

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Sure - hang on!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby lindalou » August 17th, 2011, 8:31 pm

CAGigi wrote:Sure - hang on!

I'm hanging - I've been hanging on the edge all day. :banghead:
lindalou

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Lindalou (do you like Linda or Lindalou??)

It is now cutting the sixth one - I can take a picture if you want. It cut them , left to right, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th.

Wow what an intricate file -did you make it? It's beautiful.

Had no trouble, just cut out of order.

Have you rebooted lately? Sometimes if I havent dont that with a file this intricate it will be weird. Dawn also taught me to flip the image on a file that isn't cutting right - not sure why !

If you want a picture, lmk.

Wish I would have used some pretty cardstock!! :) Will have to do something fun with these but that doesn't help you. :(

I really would flip the image and try it again. I had a file that did something similar a while ago and once I did that it cut fine!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby lindalou » August 17th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Well that is strange. I have tried a number of things, including rebooting and it still cuts the same.
It worked last night for me but I don't know what is wrong.
I have been having an ultra bad day - The dog got sick on the living room carpet, lost my credit card, got tons of calls
from my 30 year old, lovesick son (who wouldn't take my advice anyway) and couldn't cut this file.
I think I need to go to bed and start fresh in the morning.

Your welcome to use this file. They are just pieces of free vectors that I traced and welded together.
I want to use this on a wedding card I need to get done.

Thanks for trying - I was worried you would be wasting a piece of cardstock. That is what I've been doing all day.

I am Linda but I think it was already taken as a user name.
lindalou

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 9:34 pm

I am sorry, Linda. There are certainly days like that. Hope your dog is ok and lovesick sons are just tough - believe me I know. Have been through lots of ups and downs with my oldest who is 36 and now getting married -but I know those lovesick calls:( - and they tear your heart out.

I cut them a second time out of some really pretty textweight paper - see below. I didn't pull them off so you could see them as they are - they would be beautiful on a wedding card, anniversary card, or anything for that matter - so pretty!! Thanks for sharing!!

Really - try flipping the file. Dawn said sometimes there may be something in the mat that is causing things to act funny (at least that is what I remember but I think it was just one area that wouldn't cut) - guess it's worth a try if it is still funny tomorrow.

You did a great job of combining images and welding them.

Maybe someone else will have a good idea on what might be wrong. Sorry I was unable to help.

Hope the morning brings better results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby lindalou » August 17th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Gigi,
They look like they cut beautiful for you.

I'm definitely going to try in the morning. This one is frustrating me.

Yes, my son is tearing my heart out. It is hard to hear the big boys cry. I have so many holes in my tongue from not
saying "I told you so" or "she is not the one for you". He is just realizing he wasted six years of his life and doesn't know
where to go to meet someone or socialize.

The dog is a Golden Retriever and they are great at getting upset stomachs. They are nervous ninnies. Sometimes I think
she does it so she can have the hamburger and rice (what the vet says to give her to calm her stomach) instead of her dog food.

I'll let you know if I ever get this file cutting. I appreciate the help though.

Linda
lindalou

Postby Gigi » August 17th, 2011, 10:11 pm

Good luck with all of it, Linda.

Six years is a long time - and yes I have permanent holes in my tongue too - hard not to say that, but when they are already hurting - what can you do but support them. I know when my son decided he was done looking and dating, he found the love of his life - and it was the same for her. So I hope your son can be as fortunate as they were.

I have one cocker with a bad stomach - and one with a cast iron stomach!! Go figure. I hope she feels better soon (that is funny about the hamburger and rice!)

LMK how the file cuts tomorrow -hoping for a successful day for you!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Thyme » August 18th, 2011, 5:41 am

Linda, try lifting the the blade holder a fraction
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » August 18th, 2011, 9:48 am

Linda, just curious, are you using the Mac version or PC of Signcut? I have a similar problem but only on the Print and Cut method.
Phyllis

Postby Retta » August 18th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Okay - this is beautiful, I hope you don't mind me getting the file. I also changed it just a little bit. I usually find that if I cut the inside of intricut files first and then the outside - it does better and may change what is happening to you. Or cut two of them at a time instead of all of them. It makes the information sent, not as big.

I've attached how I changed it just a little bit, I hope it helps.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Tyler » August 20th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Hey Linda - I am sorry about your son! I remember having similar conversations with my mom at times - I was sure glad she was there! I am sure your son feels the same way.

Have you had any luck with it? Also, out of curiosity, what does it show when you do the cut preview? Does it show all the shapes cutting, or just the first and last?
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Return to Signcut