Signcut just not cutting :(

Signcut just not cutting :(

Postby riogirl71 » December 23rd, 2013, 5:22 pm

On the Learning center the page below shows the settings to use.
http://blackcatus.com/learn/?page_id=1035

When I upgraded my Signcut and Inkscape I was online with Signcut support and had issues re installing everything. My settings are below, I noticed the handshake is different but I have o option to change

I export from inkscape to signcut with no problem. The when I hit cutout it shows a message really quick, so quick I can't even read it and just does nothing after that. Any suggestions? I re-installed the driver for the cutter in case there was a USB/COM issue but nothing...

Of course I am trying to get a xmas gift done :( I don't know what it is not working.......... Any advice is much appreciated!!!
So many ideas... so little time!
riogirl71

Re: Signcut just not cutting :(

Postby pigtailpat » December 23rd, 2013, 5:48 pm

output device is weirdo. Normally com1, etc. Handshake is wrong. "optimize datastream" SHOULD NOT BE CHECKED.

Are you positively sure your output device is right? I had no problems upgrading mine. Just had to think through it. Hopefully it will be licked for you.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Suzan » December 23rd, 2013, 6:11 pm

Pat com ports will be different for everyone. And Curve resolutions should be set to 100, Blade offset should be .30.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby pigtailpat » December 23rd, 2013, 6:35 pm

Suzan - yes I understand that, but the network in parenthesis looks a little weird to me, hence that's why I commented........

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Thyme » December 23rd, 2013, 7:04 pm

The output device/port is incorrect.
It should be a usb port. Once that is set correctly you will then be able to change the other settings such as handshake
Thyme

Postby Suzan » December 23rd, 2013, 11:36 pm

So sorry Pat I wasn't paying close enough attention nor was I at my computer. Looking at that now, I so understand what you mean. LOL. Sorry hope I wasn't offensive.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Trisha » March 1st, 2014, 5:07 pm

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread!!! It saved my bacon today!

I needed to cut a few words in vinyl, and I could not make it cut to save my life! It has been so long since I used my Cougar, I forgot how to get the COM thing changed!! Once I found this thread, and changed that setting, I was in business!!

Thanks to all who participated in this thread!! You helped me figure out what I needed to do. I just love ya'll!!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Return to Signcut