KNK Plug-In

Re: KNK Plug-In

Postby MeFlick » May 18th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Tyler wrote:No idea if this makes sense, but I did this quick video in about 2 minutes. If it helps, great! If it doesn't, forget it. Knife point is where you set your machine so it is to the left of you, facing right. You load the mat in and set the blade to be at the top right of your design in MTC. That spot represents the top right of the bounding box in MTC.]

Thanks Tyler. I think that helps me better understand because I don't think I thought it started where you are indicating it would be. I will try again and see if I have success. thanks.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Linda V » May 18th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Well, It worked just as Tyler instructed. It works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linda V
From Beautiful KY

"Kind Words and Deeds Never Die"

Gooooo CATS!
Linda V

Postby sherri » May 31st, 2011, 9:16 pm

THX...Tyler...these little videos are doing a LOT to help people.!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Suzan » June 1st, 2011, 8:40 am

I agree Tyler, I think these are super helpful.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby gardencat » June 6th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Hi,
I'm a new cat owner and I've been working to get everything up and running after a few newbie mistakes things are going pretty well but I would like to get the KNK plugin working for P&C.
I've posted something I cut today using the cougar plug in. After diddling around with the X Y offsets a bit you can see it isn't terrible. The claw and leg on the right hand side are infact almost perfect but as it moves to the left the white edge gets bigger and bigger. Seems to me that must be because of the paper not being straight on the mat (but it looked pretty straight). I'm hoping the three registration marks in KNK will help with this.

Can someone give me the steps or send me to a tutorial that will show me what I have to change and do to make the KNK plug in work/ (I already have the plugin installed just don't know wht to do next.)

I apologize in advance for a post that sounds very terse and also because I will be dashing in and out during the evening. I have family things to do, but I will be at work all day tomorrow so I was really hoping to get this figured out tonight.
Thanks
gardencat

Postby CaseysAngel » June 6th, 2011, 8:52 pm

HI sweety. Do you buy chance have skype? You need to adjust your Y I believe it is but I"ll grab someone and send them here that can help you. I'm not very good at it.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby rachellann » June 6th, 2011, 8:59 pm

yes if you have skype it owuld be great. but if not need to see which way the image was on the mat which side was to the arrow.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby gardencat » June 6th, 2011, 9:46 pm

The side on the left in the picture (with the 'bad' claw) was to the arrow, the top of the lobsters head to the right side of the machine.
gardencat

Postby gardencat » June 6th, 2011, 9:52 pm

I searched around and found a PDF posted by Kim giving some instructions on how to do P&C with KNK on the Cougar and I followed it. Again. it worked pretty well but I used a calibration sheet with three squares on it and again one of the squares cut fine, one cut just a smidge off and the other cut off by about 3mm on one end tapering to 2mm at the other end. What I don't get is, if it is one of my settings (x or y) that is out, why it would be worse at one end than at the other ?

ETA: Once again it looks like the square that was closer to the arrow (the side that goes into the front of the machine first) cut less accurately than the square closer to the bottom of the mat.
gardencat

Postby Thyme » June 7th, 2011, 2:41 am

One thing you can try, I notice with MTC that the reg marks are out very close to the image. Trying drawing a large rectangle around your image that fills most if the paper, then add you reg marks. This should make it that the reg marks are at the edges of the paper and will reduce the error factor
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » June 7th, 2011, 5:35 am

I never have got the KNK plug in to work for me. It just doesn't. I was better off just doing it the old way in MTC.

Now in all fairness again, I haven't messed with it much but to me it seems like a pain. I decided if I wanted to learn how to do it another way I'm just going to learn in sign cut. It seems to be more accurate and less of a pain.

If you still need help with it Just post the pictures. If you have skype you can come in there and Sheri and rach will work with you until they have you up and running great. Me? I'll join the party but I'm just the secretary usually. I'll write down the numbers as they give them to you so that we don't forget what you've already tried. oh yes, and I pee my pants laughing at all the funnies we make. There is a list of supplies needed in the general forum if you are coming to skype with PNC (it's a funny list , not seriously.lol)

Honestly honey they can help you.
CaseysAngel

Postby gardencat » June 7th, 2011, 7:07 am

Thanks, I'll try the registration mark suggestion from Dawn tonight, then maybe tomorrow if I still have problems I'll try to figure out how to do Skype. One of my sons had it set up a while ago when his girlfriend was living in Japan for a year so maybe he can help me.
What has me thinking is that I am getting the same sort of problem cutting from the Cougar plug in (the lobster thing) as i am cutting from the KNK plug in. Maybe I am just cockeyed and putting the mat in at a weird angle or something. :?

The paper went into the machine with the side with the two squares close to the arrow, and going into the machine first. The smaller square was to the right side of the machine. The white paper picture, with the holes cut out, shows the actual orientation, the loose squares in the bottom picture are not arranged the way they were when cut.
gardencat

Postby gardencat » June 8th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Well, after a phone call with Rachellann got me on the right track, I think I now have my KNK plug-in PnC set up and running. So far I've only done it on some boring calibration squares but I hope to try it later today on something at least a bit more interesting.
Just want to thank everyone involved in getting me set up here. Rachellann for sure, and a number of other people who have posted how to tutorials or videos. I'm afraid that I don't even know yet who some of you are and I'm sure that most of you may not even realize that you have helped me out, but I hope you know how helpful it is for us newbies to have those resources available. Thanks again.
gardencat

Postby CaseysAngel » June 8th, 2011, 1:00 pm

YAY glad you got it worked out honey!
CaseysAngel

Postby PennyDuncan » June 8th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Yep Yep Yep!! I know you're tickled black and red now!!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby LisaH » June 8th, 2011, 1:22 pm

So glad you got it worked out!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Thyme » June 8th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Glad it is working, isn't Rachell great!!
Thyme

Postby gardencat » June 10th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Sorry it took so long to get back with this. Real life keeps interfering with cutting and crafting.
Here is the first thing I cut with the Cougar using the KNK plugin for print and cut
You can see there is a little bit of white edge on the top side of the arm but overall I'm pretty happy. you can see how narrow the golf club blade is and it came out fine.
gardencat

Postby Gigi » June 10th, 2011, 8:48 pm

OMG - that is terrific!! What a great job.

Don't you hate it when real life interferes with crafting - darn it all!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby anncoralsprings » June 10th, 2011, 11:10 pm

That Snoopy pnc turned out great! Haven't tried to calibrate the laser yet with KnK plug in but plan to try it soon. I do like the Knk plug in setting x and y origin to O and it cuts where your object is on the MTC screen. Works better for me than the 2" in with the BC plug in. Somehow kept confusing myself about mat placement with that approach.
anncoralsprings

PreviousNext

Return to Make The Cut!