Postby rachellann » December 9th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Now 4.1.0 and he has a new plug in for the cameo and up dates to other things
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Re: MTC UPdate

Postby janrichards » December 9th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Rachellann is there a nudge feature on MTC? Also when I do a cut and paste why is the pasted item so much smaller than the original? I am having so much trouble with SCAL I am being forced to learn MTC better.
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby Suzan » December 9th, 2011, 8:18 pm

If you do shift control v it will paste the project the proper size,
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » December 9th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Select your image and use the arrows on your keyboard for a nudge. Ctrl + arrows does a much larger jump.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby SBryanW » December 9th, 2011, 9:11 pm

The new MTC 4.1.0 also now supports Open Path Fonts (true single path fonts), and also allows you, when you import a font, to choose to always open that font from now on when MTC opens. This will not "install" them in windows, but rather open up that font file every time you open MTC in the future. Those fonts you choose this for will be green in the font list so you can easily find them.

Here is the link if you want to see the other changes in MTC 4.1.0
http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... version/p1
SBryanW

Postby CaseysAngel » December 9th, 2011, 9:37 pm

4.1.0?????????? OMG I am sooooooooooooooo far behind . LOL I guess I need to update soon.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Tyler » December 9th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Hey Bryan -

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if there is a way to create .opf fonts? Can you do so in Inkscape or some other program? I know it's a new type of font and there is not a lot of information that I could find on the topic. Any suggestions?
Tyler

Postby Phyllis » December 9th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Mac version is coming soon he says. He is making a lot of people happy on that one, including me.
Phyllis

Postby CaseysAngel » December 9th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Phyllis wrote:Mac version is coming soon he says. He is making a lot of people happy on that one, including me.

oh that will be GREAT for them and many others. I know nothing about a MAC but I know it's something he's wanted to do for a while so that's awesome they are finally able.
CaseysAngel

Postby Thyme » December 10th, 2011, 5:02 am

Thanks Rachell.
And a Mac version will be wonderful!
Thyme

Postby SBryanW » December 10th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Tyler wrote:Hey Bryan -

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if there is a way to create .opf fonts? Can you do so in Inkscape or some other program? I know it's a new type of font and there is not a lot of information that I could find on the topic. Any suggestions?

Hi Tyler - I did some experimenting with creating some open path fonts, and I'll try to put together a few quick steps that I used when I get a chance (I was using the SVG Font Editor in Inkscape) . There is no "standard" way of creating open path fonts that I can find either, which is why there is not a lot out there (as you have found out). Many programs have the capability, but it usually through programmatic conversion or plug-in type packages (e.g. the Inkscape plugin/extension for Hersey fonts).
SBryanW

Postby Tyler » December 10th, 2011, 12:33 pm

SBryanW wrote:Hi Tyler - I did some experimenting with creating some open path fonts, and I'll try to put together a few quick steps that I used when I get a chance (I was using the SVG Font Editor in Inkscape) . There is no "standard" way of creating open path fonts that I can find either, which is why there is not a lot out there (as you have found out). Many programs have the capability, but it usually through programmatic conversion or plug-in type packages (e.g. the Inkscape plugin/extension for Hersey fonts).

That would be cool. I've only found what you found. I know how to use the font editor in inkscape, but it seems that even in the preview window of inkscape, it does not seem to preserve the openness of a path. That is even before trying to figure out how to save/convert as the right file type for OPF. Like you said, everything generally goes through plugins and converters. Even TTF, I've had to use onlinefontconverter.com. I couldn't ever quite wrap my head around fontforge, I'm not quite technical enough.
Tyler

Postby Elizabeth » December 11th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Great! The new font feature will be really useful for me!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Make The Cut!