SCAL and Cougar

SCAL and Cougar

Postby tebug » July 5th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Hi I am just getting around to playing with my 15 inch Cougar Black Cat. I have been a Cricut and SCAL user. I have a question about how to get my Black Cat to cut with SCAL. I Have SCAL 2 and dont want to update yet until I know how to play with this new confusing machine. I cant seem to figure out how to get SCAL and the Black Cat to work together. Do I need to update it in order for it to work with my machine? I am so stressed out and ready to cry....why do I let this sort of stuff get to me hahaha.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Theresa
tebug

Re: SCAL and Cougar

Postby MendyRap » July 5th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Hi Tebug, don't cry! Trust me, I have been there! Lol! I think you have to update to 3 to have the drivers for the black cat, not 100 % sure but, I think so. I just looked at my scal 2 and I don't see the black cat so, that tells me that the drivers for it are in the scal 3. There isn't that much difference between the two and I wouldn't hesitate to update! Hope this helps, because I know how you feel, we have all been there!
MendyRap

Postby Phyllis » July 5th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Theresa, don't cry (although I've been there too). You can download SCAL3 and still keep SCAL2; it creates another file and does not overwrite over SCAL2. I did the same thing but I haven't been back to SCAL2 since my Cougar and SCAL3 get along fine.
Phyllis

Postby tebug » July 5th, 2011, 5:43 pm

thanks so much I am going to go and give it a try....crossing my fingers. :)
tebug

Postby CaseysAngel » July 5th, 2011, 8:42 pm

I am a new SCAL user, just learning it, but yes you do have to have SCAL 3. I don't know if it still is but it was a free upgrade.
CaseysAngel

Postby Thyme » July 6th, 2011, 3:20 am

Hey Teresa, it will be fine, you do need Scal 3, but it works great with the cat
Thyme

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar