Black Cat cutter not cutting smooth lines

Black Cat cutter not cutting smooth lines

Postby cballoons » January 11th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Can anyone help me? I am using SignCut with my Black Cat cutter and it is cutting little dash lines instead of cutting one smooth line. It also makes little triangles at the corners. Thanks, Carol
cballoons

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15"

Re: Black Cat cutter not cutting smooth lines

Postby Gigi » January 12th, 2020, 2:46 am

Carol -

We do not support SignCut - and I have not used it in about 7 years or so. But assuming you have checked your file, tearing at the corners and intermittent cutting is often the sign of a nicked blade. Have you checked your blade? Also be sure that your mat is flat and not warped - another reason for things to not cut as well as they should.

Have things been cutting fine and then all of a sudden they stopped? Have you tried just cutting a simple square to narrow down whether it is the file or something else? The more information you can share, the more we can help. If you have ruled out the couple of things I have mentioned for starters, then please try to share all that you can so we can help problem solve. Thanks.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby cballoons » January 12th, 2020, 8:14 am

I bought a new laptop and when I switched over to the new one is when this started happening. It was cutting just fine on my old laptop. I tried to go back to my old laptop to make sure I had all the settings correct but couldn't get to turn on. I searched online to get the settings but it didn't make a difference.
cballoons

Postby Gigi » January 12th, 2020, 6:16 pm

Did you change the operating system from what you were using before to what you have now? I have no idea is Sign Cut works on Windows 10 if you are on a PC. You could download a trial version of SCAL 5 just to see if the machine will perform differently. Granted the trial version will cut a slash through anything you try to cut, but you could still judge if it is responding better?

If you are sure the blade is not nicked and your mat is not warped, it could be the motherboard as a last resort. And parts of the Black Cat are no longer made by the manufacturer so I am hoping that is not the issue. Makes me wonder if it has something to do with the new computer and its system. Are you on a Mac or PC?

Gigi
Gigi

Postby cballoons » January 12th, 2020, 9:23 pm

Both laptops are using Windows 10. Using the same blade and mat when I used my old laptop without any issues. I will try the trial version of SCAL5 and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks,
Carol
cballoons

Postby Gigi » January 12th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Hmmmm - grasping at straws. I realize you were fine with the blade before, but did you double check it to be sure it didn't nick? That can happen easily. And is your material well brayered to the mat? What material are you trying to cut? Is it something you have cut successfully before? And is the file a new one or something you have cut before? Trying to rule out one thing at a time..... If you have a new blade, I would put a new one in just to be sure that it's not nicked.

I asked earlier if you tried cutting just a simple square or shape and if you had problems with that. And you are sure the blade holder is at the right height and not dragging anywhere?

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar