Cougar : always inaccurate and duplicate cuts.

Cougar : always inaccurate and duplicate cuts.

Postby moustique » October 20th, 2019, 11:24 pm

Hello,

I've been using my cougar since 2012, with a USB mac.

Everything was going well.
I used it less because I started printing in 3D.
I wanted to reuse my cougar, but nothing is going right now.
A few months ago, he cut the small files correctly, but at times he randomly blocked on the left and came back by making stepped cuts to the right without wanting to stop with a bad noise.

I just tried to use it again, but now
- It cuts very slowly, forgetting curves
- It systematically cuts the same piece two to three times

I tried to change the USB cable, the computer (including the old one it worked with), the SCAL version (3, 4 and 5)
Nothing: always inaccurate and duplicate cuts.

How to redompt my cougar?
moustique

Re: Cougar : always inaccurate and duplicate cuts.

Postby Gigi » October 20th, 2019, 11:54 pm

You don't mention where the machine was purchased so I am not sure if it is one of our machines. Assuming it is for the moment, have you tried just doing simple shapes - like cutting a square or a circle from the library? Are you cutting origin or WYSIWYG? Is there any configuration that now cuts correctly? It could be your motherboard and unfortunately those parts are no longer manufactured because it is an older machine that is no longer produced. I can double check with Sherri, but I am pretty sure she no longer has any Cougar parts. And we would also need to be sure that it is one of our machines as the other manufacturer then used different parts and they are not interchangeable and those machines did not hold up.

If we cannot figure it out or make it workable again, it might be worth purchasing a used newer machine since you may not be using it that often - if that even makes sense since you have moved onto other things. Not trying to push anything on you - just offering a suggestion if you still have a need for a cutting machine.

I will say that our machines are workhorses, but they are meant to be used and often to not do well sitting idle for a long period of time. Let's see if anyone else has any ideas. And do let me know if you have recently had success cutting simple things - what worked - if anything. Thank you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby moustique » October 21st, 2019, 9:16 am

Thank you for the answer,

I bought my cougar in England.
Its serial number is 20120014919 made in China by Innovation Group LTD.
I tried to cut origin or WYSIWYG, the result is the same: it cuts, double or triple, by jerks.
Below are two pictures: the result of the cutting, and the original file.

This is bad news if it's the motherboard: I like my big cougar and don't think I can change it.

moustique

Postby Gigi » October 21st, 2019, 6:29 pm

I double checked as I did not want to hazard a guess, but this is not one of our machines. And as I mentioned earlier, because your machine was made with different parts than ours, we cannot even hazard a guess as to why you are having issues. And that seller is no longer in business. I am so very sorry.

My recommendations stands should you need a quality machine and not want to pay a lot of money if you are not using it a lot. If we can help, please don't hesitate to ask. I wish I had a better answer for you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar