Machine stops while cutting.

Machine stops while cutting.

Postby sristhi » June 7th, 2018, 1:54 am

Hello lovely people :) Been years!

I have re-started using my cougar again after close to 4 years. Its just as smooth and amazing as I remember it was! I have a couple of issues. Am not sure if the support is still on for cougars, but with the hope of getting answers, am writing here.

Issue 1 : while cutting, SCAL is not finishing sending information to my cougar and cougar stops in between with its blade down. How to rectify it? Am still using SCAL3.

Issue 2 : the buttons on the machine, they are impossible to press, i know i should've got the new set of buttons long back but living really far, i couldn't get it done.. and personal life problems! I barely got to use the machine :(

Please help me with answers.. am eagerly waiting. Thank you.
sristhi

Cutter: BlackCat Cougar - 24 inch

Re: Machine stops while cutting.

Postby Gigi » June 7th, 2018, 2:19 am

Have you updated the software to the latest release of SCAL 3? Do you get an error message or does it just stop. Be sure you are not going out of range of its ability to cut the width (measured form the inside right of the machine). Are you sending a detailed file? You could try simplifying it to see if that is the issue. It could be a gazillion things not knowing what you are trying to cut, what you have running on your machine, if you have updated the software to the latest release,etc.

I don't know if Sherri has parts remaining for the Cougar machine as it is an old machine and she was limited with what she had left. I suggest you email her and ask. I was having that issue with my Silver Bullet and I recently replaced the button pad and OMG - what a difference. You can reach Sherri at Sherri@silverbulletcutters.com.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sristhi » June 7th, 2018, 5:09 am

I am trying to cut felt and no, it isn't a detailed cut. The shape is placed well within the range of the cutting space. I will check if it keeps repeating. Am having a doubt if the wire is connected loosely. Could it be dust as well? Its back to cutting after a reset.

I will check with Sherry about the buttons. Thank you.
sristhi

Cutter: BlackCat Cougar - 24 inch

Postby Gigi » June 7th, 2018, 8:33 am

You are welcome. You can also uninstall and reinstall the software just in case. You can still download SCAL3 on the Craftedge website. You might also consider upgrading the software if you are going to use the machine again as the newer software has many more features than SCAL 3. But I wouldn't do that before I was sure the machine itself can be upgraded with working buttons, and I just don't know if there are replacement parts anymore.....

Good luck.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar