Not completing cuts for copies

Not completing cuts for copies

Postby MIP » July 19th, 2016, 2:54 pm

I am using SCAL 4 Pro on Windows 10 to cut to my 15" Lynx. I have been having issues when I try to cut copies of the same design. Today I set my cutter settings in SCAL to cut 4 copies of a design. The first cut perfect, but the second started cutting then made a random cut across the design. Then the 3rd and 4th copies cut perfectly. I did two sheets of vinyl the same way and it happened both times. In the 2nd picture you can see the random cut going across the R. Then the cutter goes to the next copy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Susie Hoffman
Make It Personal
Embroidery*Vinyl Design
MIP

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Re: Not completing cuts for copies

Postby Gigi » July 19th, 2016, 3:46 pm

Be sure you didn't accidentally put a stray node in the design that it causing it to cut across the one copy -it's easy enough to do without meaning to. That is the first thing that comes to mind since all of the other cuts are clean.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MIP » August 3rd, 2016, 9:17 pm

If that was the case it would do that on all the copies. I am not duplicating the design on the mat. I am setting it to cut copies in the cutter settings.
Susie Hoffman
Make It Personal
Embroidery*Vinyl Design
MIP

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby Gigi » August 5th, 2016, 12:04 am

Have you tried to manually copy the design on the virtual mat to see if you have the same issue? I would try that first to help determine where the issue may be.

You can also upload the design and we can try to duplicate the problem. Are you cutting the vinyl directly from the roll or on a mat?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar