Blade adjustment

Blade adjustment

Postby karaweta » October 26th, 2014, 11:55 am

New user here!

I have only cut cardstock, and the only way I can make cuts is to set the blade barely above the top of the cardstock, as opposed to setting it as instructed about the height of two CDs. The amount of blade sticking out of the blade holder doesn't appear to be important, not does the force setting as I have played with these extensively. The blade housing appears to only move up and down less then 2 mm in height. This doesn't seem correct. I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

Help! Thanks in advance.
karaweta

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 18

Re: Blade adjustment

Postby Gigi » October 26th, 2014, 1:02 pm

I am a bit confused - can you post a picture of your blade holder setup?

The amount the blade sticks out IS important - you don't want too much sticking out and you need the blade up high enough to get enough force to come down and cut the card stock. The force setting is also important. I think you are saying that it doesn't make a difference no matter where you set the force which leads me to think that your blade is set too low, blade may not be out enough etc. I think I have more questions than answers right now - need more info.

Have you been cutting cardstock successfully and just now are having problems or have you not had any successful cuts at all? So out of curiosity, when you set the blade with 2 cds, for instance, what force are you using to try to cut and how heavy is the cardstock - and what happens. Are you sure the blade is not nicked or chipped (check it under a magnifying glass).....

Will wait to hear more........ and know others will chime in.....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Blade adjustment

Postby karaweta » October 26th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Thanks, Gigi. I have had some good cuts and lots of not so good cuts. I have had the blade extended anywhere from barely extended to maximal, which looks to be about 2mm (using 60 detail blade/detail holder). I've used a force of anywhere from 25 (when blade holder is very low: just above the paper) to 120 (was told this is too high for average cardstock of 60-80 lb). I will try to post a picture later. I've gone through several blades and have a new one in now. I keep thinking there must be something very simple that I am missing but can't figure out what.

Hope someone else can figure it out for me!
karaweta

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 18

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar