buttons appear not to work?

buttons appear not to work?

Postby JJSQTackett » June 28th, 2014, 12:28 pm

I have a lynx in which I haven't used in approx. 2 years. it has been on a desk not in storage or anything. I am attempting to use it again but am just as aggravated as the first time. I wont give up this time! I have tried to follow the instructions. Turn on machine go into offline mode by pressing the green online button to then use arrows to go to pilot point of my paper; it appears like my buttons are not working the only button I can get to respond is the test button and it runs through different sets of numbers. I am able to "cut with lynx" on my make the cut program and it sends it to the machine, the machine responds but then says paused (I didn't press the pause button) I attempted to press the pause button to unpause it but nothing happens...... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me use this machine before I really give up on it for good.
JJSQTackett

Cutter: black cat lynx

Re: buttons appear not to work?

Postby Gigi » June 28th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Ok - take small steps.

The test cut button only works in offline mode and that is to help you determine the best force for the media that you are cutting. There are no numbers you need to look at for that, other than the force button. Directions are in the learning center if you get stuck.

I am guessing that your machine is going into pause mode because you are cutting out of range. The Lynx only cuts 12" width, so you want to be sure that when you are cutting, none of your design goes out of range of that 12" measured from the right of the machine. Move your blade holder as far to the right as it will go. 12" from that point going left is the area that your machine will cut widthwise. If you extend beyond that (the opening is larger than the cutting width), then your machine will pause and hitting the pause button will not help . You just need to turn it off and on again and start again. Without seeing I am guessing that is the problem as it is a common error for new users - I think we have all done that.

so I don't think there is a problem with your buttons but with the placement of your cut. Let me know if that helps and feel free to give more information if that isn't it so we can give you the best answers to help. Don't give up = there is a learning curve, but once you understand how the machine responds, and where, you will be cutting easily in no time.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby TN_Explorer » November 27th, 2014, 1:19 pm

I am having a similar problem. When I start the machine, the only button that works is the menu button. The offline button will not respond. I'm sure it's operator error, but so far I'm stuck. Did you ever solve your issue? Hope you didn't give up.
TN_Explorer

Cutter: 15" Black cat

Postby Gigi » November 27th, 2014, 1:33 pm

There are times when the buttons needs to be replaced - they either get very sluggish and you have to push harder and harder or don't respond at all. I would email Sherri after the holiday or you can just order a new button control panel here. http://thatsscrapinc.com/replacementparts.aspx.

Sorry you seem to be having so many issues with the machine but this should get you up and running.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby TN_Explorer » November 27th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Thanks, Gigi -

I looked at another old post about this and fiddled with the whole panel board & got the online/offline button to work. Then broke for Thanksgiving dinner, and now football.

I'm sure I'll get this going - you all warned me about the learning curve. Stay tuned for my "Eueka!" post when I make my first cutout!
TN_Explorer

Cutter: 15" Black cat

Postby Gigi » November 27th, 2014, 6:59 pm

LOL on the Eureka post - I will look forward to it! I just approved you for the learning center so that should help. :)

You will get it - I have no doubts. So glad you were able to get the buttons to work. Great news.

Good luck - just take it a step at a time - it will all click in no time.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » November 29th, 2014, 7:09 pm

Stay tuned for my "Eueka!" post when I make my first cutout!

Hope this happens fast! I was just looking at some old photos, and came across the photo of my first cut with my first Cougar, several years ago. I remember how excited I was. I still get excited with every beautiful cut!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » November 29th, 2014, 7:29 pm

I so know what you mean, Elizabeth. I am constantly in awe of what this machine can do and love every cut I get - it just makes me happy!

I haven't had time to craft or blog in a while so hope to catch up a little on both in the next week - I miss it. Off to decorate a little and plant some herbs. Kind of counter-intuitive this time of year but it's nuts weather-wise in CA right now. So planting before it rains next week (fingers crossed) and doing a "little" Christmas decorating for the benefit of the grandkids who will be here for just a few days in December - we will be celebrating early but that's ok - it's about being together. Took me years to figure that one out!! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » November 30th, 2014, 11:41 am

Planting in December! Oh how different our seasons are on opposite corners of the country! I am looking at several inches of beautiful white stuff, and waiting for DD # 2 to wake up so we can decorate.

Enjoy the grandchildren! I know what you mean about celebrating while you can. As my girls become adults, I am trying to get my head around that, too. I'm sure that we will soon be flexing our traditions to fit the circumstances.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Gigi » November 30th, 2014, 2:23 pm

I know - strange. But there are a lot of herbs and tomatoes that will grow straight through the "winter" here - so experimenting to see. I know which ones love cold weather, but trying some that don't just to see. And I know - using the word "cold" in So CA is laughable to you! :ROFLMBO: I totally realize I have NO clue what REAL cold feels like - and I am fine with that!!!

Enjoy decorating with your daughter. Wish my kids were here to help me - it would be more fun. But it's also causing me to rethink it all and keep it simple!

Have fun with your daughter Elizabeth - I know you are enjoying every moment..... :bighug:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » November 30th, 2014, 7:08 pm

:bighug: back at you, Gigi!

Elizabeth

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar