Need some help

Need some help

Postby kmmhug » May 1st, 2014, 9:51 am

I have been ill for the last few weeks so my machine has sat unused for about that long. I went to make some cuts (plain paper) on Monday and it would not cut. I would set it up (WYSIWYG) and then tell it to cut and the carriage would then immediatly go to the far right side and hit the side and stop. The machine says pause when this happens. I checked it all and tried again several times and it kept doing the same thing.

The next morning I took all but one design off the page and tried again and it cut. I then added the other duplicate one back on and it cut. I added the last item I had back on, which was just a word, (each time removing the ones already cut) and it would not cut and went back to the far right and did it again.

Since I have a silhouette as well, I tried it there and it cut all three items at the same time and the first time so I don't think it has anything to do with the computer.

I decided to try resetting it and it will not reset. I followed the instructions in the learning center and held down the origin button while turning it on. I also tried pushing the red button in the back but that did not seem to do anything either.

Does anyone know why it would be suddenly doing this or how I can get it to reset? It seems like that would be the best thing to try first but I can't get it to do it.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Re: Need some help

Postby Elizabeth » May 1st, 2014, 9:05 pm

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, Kathy. Hope you're well on your way towards wellness.

I wish I had an answer for you. The few times I have needed to reset my cutter, the instructions in the learning center worked for me. Is it possible that you have stray shape on your virtual mat that makes your cutter go "out of bounds"? I check for this with the ctrl+a buttons, and look at the size of the bounding box. I know you are very experienced, and have likely considered this already.

I'm sure someone else will have a better answer for you soon.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » May 1st, 2014, 9:09 pm

I am sorry as well, Kathy. Hope you are feeling better.

I totally missed your question -sorry. I had the same thought as Elizabeth initially, that there was a stray node. But if you cut it successfully on a different machine, that would eliminate the stray node, unless you had it saved in a different format??

Do you want to send me the file - I would be happy to look at it. It does make me wonder what is different about the text.

I also dont understand why it won't reset. What happens when you turn it off and on holding down the origin button. What does the screen say?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kmmhug » May 1st, 2014, 11:58 pm

Hi,
Thanks Elizabeth, I am finally on the mend although I think I will never stop coughing.
The stray node of figure was my first thought as well, but it is not the issue.I checked the file out carefully and it is fine. The whole thing will cut just fine as is on the Sil. I used the same exact layout page in MTC just choose cut with Sil. instead of cut with KNKMaxx.

@Gigi
When i try to reset it just doesn't really do anything. It just comes on the same as normal with my old settings still there for cutting and pressure.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar