Why is it so difficult...

Why is it so difficult...

Postby cduchx » February 16th, 2014, 9:27 am

to find beginner videos anywhere on the BC Lynx?

I just bought a used Lynx and would like to do a little learning today before my work week starts :( I have registered to online learning - waiting to hear back - emailed That's Scrap - I have the original receipt...but I messaged all of that info...waiting to hear back...

Oh my - I'm afraid if I don't get to at least do a little learning...this thing will sit in the corner :( I had planned for this day since Friday - knowing my hubby and kids would be out for a few hours today.

I know, I'm impatient :( I just can't wait to learn :)

Thanks for listening :)
Cathy
cduchx

Cutter: Lynx

Re: Why is it so difficult...

Postby Gigi » February 16th, 2014, 11:30 am

Hi Cathy -

I sent you an email about the learning center and have not heard back from you. Since you bought a used machine, the original seller needs to email Sherri at That's Scrap Inc and let her know that she sold the machine to you - then you will be approved for the learning center. In the meantime you can search YouTube for videos that will help.

There is a lot of information here on the forum about the Lynx which is quite similar to the Cougar, but it only comes in the smaller format.

You will be up and running in no time. We are just waiting to hear from the seller as that is the policy. Thank you for understanding.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby cduchx » February 16th, 2014, 11:39 am

Thank you for responding - I haven't received and email from anyone - but I do have the original owner's email and original invoice if that helps. I'm not sure the original owner will contact you...but I'm crossing my fingers.
Thank you.
cduchx

Postby Gigi » February 16th, 2014, 12:24 pm

I apologize Cathy. I emailed Sherri and asked her if she had received notification from the original owner and have not heard back. My mistake.

We do say that it often takes 48 hours for approval to the learning center, especially on the weekend, so as soon as I hear from Sherri I will get back to you.

Feel free to PM me in the meantime if there is anything I can do to help.

Here is a video on YouTube that might help a little for starters..... and there are others. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ZLOteVuVw

Gigi
Gigi

Postby cduchx » February 16th, 2014, 1:21 pm

OK....I JUMPED IN AND TRIED IT....IT IS AWESOME!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've only tried 1 cut and adjusted the force a little...can't wait to cut one of my own designs :))))))))))))))))) I use SCAL and am EXCITED!!! AND...I still have about 3 hours before hubby comes home with the KIDS!!!!!!
cduchx

Postby Gigi » February 16th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Good for you! Get used to the simple things and you will be up and running in no time.

Utilize the test cut button on your machine - that will save you a ton of aggravation and is a great way to determine how much force you need without wasting card stock and paper. I keep a notebook of papers and cardstocks and materials I cut, noting the details of force and blade used so it is easy to successfully cut in the future.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » February 17th, 2014, 7:06 am

Welcome to the forum, Kathy. Hope you got to use that last three hours to CUT! Isn't it exciting to have an amazing new tool? Gigi gives great advice about the test button (make it your bestie!) and using a notebook to note your settings. (Ask me how I know it is very difficult to find random scraps of paper on a work table dedicated to cutting paper! :ROFLMBO: I'm reformed now!)
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar