Completely Lost

Completely Lost

Postby pchchildlife » February 13th, 2014, 1:33 pm

Hi everyone! I am trying desperately to figure out this machine and failing miserably! Can you help??

Basically I don't even know where to begin. I emailed Dawn so that I could install Sign Cut, is that the software I need in order to create designs? Are there other programs available that I can use with this machine? How do I do that??

I just have no idea what I'm doing. If anyone lives in the Phoenix area and wants to come give me a tutorial I would be forever grateful haha!

But seriously, I feel like crying because I just have no idea where to begin or how to make a single cut. I have an entire department waiting on me to figure this wonderful machine out and I am lost!!

Any help or guidance you can give me would be so appreciated, thank you!!!

Karen
pchchildlife

Cutter: 18" Black Cat

Re: Completely Lost

Postby Gigi » February 13th, 2014, 1:52 pm

Karen -

Take a deep breath. You will be ok, I promise.

We recommend SCAL as the machines communicate wonderfully with this software. Have you used the Learning Center? That will walk you through all of the steps from setting up your machine to basic cutting. I highly recommend you use the test pen before the blade so you can get used to where things will cut on the machine when you send to cut - it saves possibly ruining cardstock, mats and blades.

Start simple. I am assuming that you received SCAL with the machine? Take one of the simple shapes from the library of shapes and master how to place, draw, cut with that first. Once you have success with the basics, it will be much easier to move on with designing or cutting free svg files that are out there. There are tons of free sites that offer quality designs. If you google it on the forum you can find lists of sites we all use that offer cut friendly designs. Not all designs on the internet are created well .

If you have specific questions that you cannot find the answers to, please ask. we are all here to help and do whatever we can. Just be patient with yourself and you will be up and running in no time.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » February 13th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Chin up! You can do it! It IS overwhelming at first, but take it in small bites and you will get there. Please take Gigi's advice and start with the BC Learning Center (tab at the top of this page) and SCAL. We are here and happy to help you!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » February 14th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Believe me...we make it harder on ourselves than it needs to be. When I first opened my box, I was overwhelmed. But I knew that help was close by in the forum and Dawn and Sherri. We didn't have the Learning Center back then.

Start with the Learning Center. You want to learn how to load the mat and unload the mat. That took me awhile as my mat kept spitting out at me. LOL. But you will be a pro in no time.

Next, start with simple cuts. As mentioned, I would use a program like SCAL3. Start with simple cuts like a circle. Main thing is you want to make sure your computer is talking to your cutter.

Then we can go from there.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Soraya » February 23rd, 2014, 1:31 am

Hi, my two cents here :D read the instruction carefully, instead of just looking at the pictures (yours truly did the later). I had troubles with my blade not cutting so I was messing with the blade and the mats all the time. Then, a couple of hours ago, I went back and read how to install the blade and set the blade to work on paper. :o :shock: I had missed important information :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :whip: :whip: :whip: I fixed the blade depth with TWO DISKS instead of one and now my kitty is cutting paper like there is no tomorrow.

I'm working on my son's school project (took over) :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: and I'm going crazy making an extra for my own enjoyment :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar