Cougar

Cougar

Postby tietjecreative » January 19th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Is to possible to make my Cougar wireless?
tietjecreative

Re: Cougar

Postby LisaH » January 19th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Not that I am aware of.

The stability of wireless cutting hasn't been proven 100% reliable, this is why Sherri & Dawn don't have it available on the SB...yet. I'm sure when they are satisfied that there are NO issues with dropping/lagging...they will incorporate it into a future model.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kim » January 19th, 2014, 8:52 pm

That is one of the reasons why I didn't want wireless. I use wireless printing and like now, the delay is horrible....so much so that I have gotten a usb cord to hook up to the printer. What should take me 3 minutes to print, has turned into a several hour job. No matter what I have done to remedy this, the router has a mind of its own. So trust my cutter....NO WAY. Not yet. When the technology is there, I will be the first one to jump on board....my cutter is currently not near my computer and just can't be. I have a cord going across the walk path and a throw rug covering up the cord. It works. I would love the wireless but I would NOT like having to deal with delays.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Elizabeth » January 19th, 2014, 9:00 pm

I use my laptop, and generally design downstairs while watching tv, then lug it upstairs to cut. There wouldn't be any big advantage to me to being wireless, as I am able to place my laptop right next to my machine while I cut. I don't have any problems with wireless printing, and am able to print from my craft room to my printer, which is about 50 feet away on a different floor. I get a little exercise running back and forth! (Downstairs to put the right paper in; upstairs to hit the print button, downstairs to get the print, upstairs to print and cut, and sometimes all over again because I did it wrong! :ROFLMBO: )
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » January 19th, 2014, 9:52 pm

most days, wireless works fine. It seems to be more of an issue to do with the amount of data being transported through the wireless connection. If I have a lot to print, then the information takes a long time to get to the printer. That is what I am concerned with the cutter. If I send an engraving file over the wireless connection, will it take forever to reach the cutter. Seems to me it would.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Elizabeth » January 20th, 2014, 5:21 pm

That sounds logical to me, Kim. If it's slow for printing, its bound to be the same for cutting.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar