looking for someone in Portland Oregon to help---Resolved

looking for someone in Portland Oregon to help---Resolved

Postby susanb » November 22nd, 2013, 5:36 pm

I'm hoping there might be another Black Cat Cougar owner in Portland that's using a Mac and SCAL3 who could tutor me! Bought it almost 2 yrs ago, struggled with hardware and software but had to pack up to move. Moved and finally I'm ready to deal with this and I can't get my iMac and my BC Cougar to communicate. The original usb cable is not working, I've installed drivers from within SCAL, we've gotten to the window that says cannot find your cutter....I'm so frustrated...posting.php?mode=post&f=12#
Last edited by susanb on December 8th, 2013, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
susanb

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 18"

Re: looking for someone in Portland Oregon to help

Postby susanb » December 1st, 2013, 1:42 pm

Finally we're cutting! Though there were no posts to this (pitiful) plea, after reading posts on drivers we reset to factory settings and finally our Black Cat cut! We cut shapes from the SCAL3 library and a random .SVG from online. So excited!!! We can see (and read) that there is a lot of experimentation that is needed to get the results (or any) you're after. Thank you to all that posted with your problems and to those that were kind enough to respond with your experience. Yay! Cutting at last!
susanb

Postby Gigi » December 1st, 2013, 4:14 pm

There may not have been anyone in your vicinity but am so glad to hear you are cutting. The learning center is a great resource and it does take a lot of trial and error but you did it. Remember to use the test button to check your pressures when you cut new material - it will save blades and your mat!!

Happy to hear you are up and running....... it's a learning experience but more and more fun as you have success!! Beware of online files - some are created beautifully and some not so well with zillions of nodes that will give you a cutting headache. Just a word of warning....... there are lists in some of the threads of quality svg file sites......
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 1st, 2013, 7:45 pm

Glad you got some successful cuts!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby susanb » December 5th, 2013, 3:32 pm

We might have to get out the champagne....actually cut our own .svg files today! Thanks for the warning about importing svg files from online sources. Now that we're up and running I can use the SCAL library of shapes to test cut and/or the cutter's little rectangle test to get the settings correct for each substrate we use. Just so relieved that we got over the connection hurdle!
The forum is an invaluable source for us newbies!
susanb

Postby Gigi » December 5th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Glad to hear things are going well. And congrats on doing your own designs and having successful cutting. Great job!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » December 5th, 2013, 8:15 pm

Awesome news, Susan! Enjoy the bubbly! :D
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar