What am I doing?

What am I doing?

Postby Dorrine » November 10th, 2013, 4:40 pm

I finally figured a few things out with this machine and tried to follow on learning center directions for calibrating. I have Sure Cuts A Lot software and the video doesn't even address this software. I was able to cut before, but now since I 'calibrated' the machine, it goes way off the mat to cut.

I'm beginning to think you need a Ph.D. in rocket science to use the Black Cat Lynx. Can anyone help me?
Dorrine

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Re: What am I doing?

Postby Gigi » November 10th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Calibrating has nothing to do with where the machine will cut a shape. And calibration is addressed in the BC learning center here http://blackcatus.com/learn/?page_id=1781 I sent you the SB learning center link earlier - sorry.

Be sure to look at your cutter settings (see this thread on the forum viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4762#p86200)

If you are set to origin, then your machine will start cutting where you sent the origin of the blade. If you are set to WYSIWYG, your machine will cut where your image is on the virtual mat in relation to the actual mat. So I would suggest you check your settings first. Basic cutting directions are in the learning center. You might want to read not only the section on the Lynx but the section on the software, specifically SCAL.

Hope that helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Dorrine » November 10th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Thank you, it solved the problem. Now I have a new one...why is the mat so sticky, I can barely get the paper off.
Dorrine

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby Gigi » November 10th, 2013, 11:26 pm

It's just new. You can either use a cotton t-shirt or towel and pat the mat to remove some of the stickiness, or what I suggest is leave it as is, but instead of pulling the cardstock or paper off the mat, use a spatula (like the one that comes with the Cricut) to loosen the edges of your paper to remove it from the mat.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » November 11th, 2013, 10:44 am

When I have a brand new mat, I just use my hands to press the paper down, rather than using the brayer. After it "unstickies" a bit, I start using the brayer. Like Gigi, I am a big fan of the spatula for removing cuts. My brayer and spatulas live right next to my machine, and are my most used tools.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar