Lynx cutting in straight line rather than where set

Lynx cutting in straight line rather than where set

Postby peoriagrammy » August 31st, 2013, 4:32 pm

Hi All,
Just finishing up a project and the Lynx worked great using knife point. The last piece I'm cutting, however, the machine goes from right to left (as I'm looking at it) in a straight line and then pauses because it hits the left side of the machine. No settings have been changed, I am setting the origin to "0" then going "online" before clicking the start button on MTC. Does anyone know what could be wrong? :banghead:
peoriagrammy

Re: Lynx cutting in straight line rather than where set

Postby Gigi » August 31st, 2013, 5:32 pm

I don't know about setting the origin to "0" because I don't use MTC so don't use numbers to set the origin. But.... I have noticed that if I have been doing a lot of cutting I will occasionally get a wonky cut and doing a restart on the computer sets it to normal again. Just a thought until someone who uses MTC can most likely give you a better answer!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » August 31st, 2013, 10:57 pm

It sounds like your design may be "out of range" of the cutting area. Are you sure there are no stray nodes that are outside the virtual mat? (I'm assuming that you are cutting a different file than what has been working all day). Do a select all and make sure the bounding box isn't going off the mat. If it is, then zoom in close to find the offending node(s) and delete them.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » August 31st, 2013, 11:36 pm

Good thought Diane - I just made an assumption that she was cutting the same things.

If you want to post the file so one of us can look at it, please do.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » September 3rd, 2013, 9:27 am

I had a similar issue the other day except mine didn't go all the way to the left and hit the side of the machine. I first thought I might have a stray node or issue similar to what Diane references (even though I had been cutting the same file before without issues) but there wasn't anything there. So, I did as Gigi suggested and shut everything down for the night (it was late, had been doing lots of cutting and my brain was tired anyway and didn't want to spend more time working on it that night). The next day, it worked fine so I just figured my machine was tired too! ;) So you might try that, shutting everything completely down and then restarting new and see if you have the same issue.

Gigi - in regard to setting the origin to "0" that she is referring to - that is not being done in MTC - that is being done on the machine when you take it "off line" to place the blade where you want the machine to start, then you press the origin button (the target button) on the machine to set that point as your starting point, this changes the X/Y origin points to show as O/O on the machine LCD screen before you put it back online to cut.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » September 3rd, 2013, 9:45 am

Thanks for clarifying the "0" origin part - I totally misunderstood!! I appreciate the explanation.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby peoriagrammy » September 10th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Thanks so much, ladies. You were right...it was just tired and cranky! I used it the other day and it worked beautifully. Thanks so much for your help! :lol:
peoriagrammy

Postby MeFlick » September 11th, 2013, 7:02 am

:D Yea, glad it is now working for you!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby peoriagrammy » November 22nd, 2013, 11:51 am

OK Ladies, I'm back again! Today, I cut a design perfectly. Then on the second cut (no changes made to design) the "arm" went over to the left side and rubbed against the side of the machine. Yes, I set origin to "0", I also turned the machine off and unplugged it to see if that worked but it didn't. Any suggestions would be appreciated! BTW I have a Lynx. TIA for your help!
peoriagrammy

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar