REPEAT BUTTON

REPEAT BUTTON

Postby colleen » May 25th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Hello I'm having and issue and I am not sure if a machine problem, and MTC KNK plug in problem or my own operator error. I am cutting a piece of card-stock filled with flowers. After it cuts I press the "offline" button slide the card stock out and remove the flowers. I use to be able to put another piece of card-stock, press the origin button to tell Knifepoint where to start and then "REPEAT" and it would cut another sheet of flowers without having to go to the computer and press CUT in MTC. Now when I do this and press REPEAT it says "No Data" even though I never pressed the "online" button. Can anyone explain whats happening. I have a 13 inch BC. Thank You.
colleen

Cutter: 13 in. Cougar MTC/SCAL

Re: REPEAT BUTTON

Postby Gigi » May 25th, 2013, 6:41 pm

If the file is too large it will show "no data" when you hit the repeat button. Could that be the problem? You also have to reset your origin before you hit the repeat button, but I have a feeling the file size may be the issue.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby colleen » May 26th, 2013, 8:57 am

Hi Gigi Thanks so much but it wasn't the file size. I even tried it with one little circle. I also hit the orgin to set the knifepoint before I hit repeat. I had someone else with a BC do it on their machine exactly as I use to do it and theirs worked. I solved the problem by reinstalling the KNK plug in and now it works fine. I cant explain why it stopped working in the first place but I am glad it is fixed. Thanks for your help.
colleen

Postby Gigi » May 26th, 2013, 10:07 am

OH ok - good. I can't tell you how many times reinstalling something has fixed a problem. Glad it is working now!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby colleen » May 26th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Oh well my fix didn't last long. I have the same issue again. I tried to reinstall the KNK plug in again and it didn't solve it this time. I just dont get it. I have a new USB cord too so that is not the problem. If anyone has a clue as to what is going on, I would love to hear it. Thanks
colleen

Postby LisaH » May 26th, 2013, 5:39 pm

If the reinstall of the KNK plugin worked the 1st time and didn't the next, I'm thinking it has to be a software issue instead of a hardware issue.

Do you have SCAL installed? Even the trial version should work to test with. (I know it will cut a slash through your final design) but this will help you test the repeat button...
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby colleen » May 26th, 2013, 6:25 pm

I use MTC but I have SCAl as well. I havent used in years so I am not sure how to use it but I will give it a try
colleen

Postby colleen » May 26th, 2013, 6:30 pm

ok I tried SCAl 3 and the repeat button worked fine. So the problem must be MTC or the Plug in. Great Suggestion Lisa, thank you.
colleen

Postby Gigi » May 26th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Great suggestion Lisa.

Well at least you have it narrowed down.... and you can use SCAL in the meantime.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » May 26th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Just glad it worked! LOL
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar