Disconnecting Lynx causes . . .

Disconnecting Lynx causes . . .

Postby sheri625 » March 31st, 2013, 11:37 am

blue screen of death on my computer. I'm running Windows 7 on a 6 month old Lenovo. Anyone had a similar problem or Dawn/Sherri have any suggestions, patches, fixes, ideas?
Thanks!

Sheri
sheri625

Cutter: Lynx 12"

Re: Disconnecting Lynx causes . . .

Postby Gigi » March 31st, 2013, 12:03 pm

I actually have Sherri on the phone and asked her -we have not heard of this. Are you using the "eject from computer" icon first before pulling the usb cord. I assume the machine (the Lynx) is turned off when you do it? Have you tried disconnecting from the machine first and then the computer?

It is not an issue we are aware of. Perhaps others operating a Lynx will chime in. I know that I never pull a usb cord without first enabling the "eject" first. (ok - shouldn't say never, but try not to!!)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sheri625 » March 31st, 2013, 2:25 pm

You know, I used to do a safe eject for everything but I've gotten more careless lately. With my old laptop, disconnecting my Lynx was never a problem.

I will try it again later this afternoon using 'safely eject' and see if that solves the problem.
Thanks!

Sheri
sheri625

Cutter: Lynx 12"

Postby Elizabeth » March 31st, 2013, 4:56 pm

I had the same problem with MTC and windows 7. I never found a solution to it, but when I switched to a new laptop, the problem went away. I tried everything I could think of, including uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers multiple times.

I know getting a new computer isn't a reasonable solution. The timing was just right for me, as I wanted a bigger screen, and DD needed a new laptop. Wish I had a better answer for you.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby tamihowse » April 1st, 2013, 8:56 pm

I can't unplug my Cougar from my computer for that same reason. I have to shut down my computer, unplug, and restart the computer. I can't use the "safely eject hardware" option, because there is no icon. Kinda weird.
I thought I totally lost my computer one time when I did take the usb out. It was scary, so I've never done it again. Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar