My cougar is acting strange RESOLVED

My cougar is acting strange RESOLVED

Postby gulliver » March 27th, 2013, 7:58 am

Hi. I bought my 24" Cougar back in May. It has been fine until recently. When it goes to make a cut instead of just cutting right away it either moves forward, to the side or both at the same time and then goes back to the origin and begins the cut. This has caused cuts on my paper where they aren't supposed to be. It also doesn't seem to cut in the right place. Again, I haven't had problems until recently, so I don't think this is user error. It does not happen every single time either. Yesterday I cut the same shapes twice and the first time it did OK but the second time it didn't. I am using Make The Cut v4.4.0 with the KNK plug in using knife point. I have sent an email to Sherri, but this is driving me nuts and I haven't heard from her yet. I wanted to see if anyone else here has had the same problem. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cindy
Last edited by gulliver on March 27th, 2013, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gulliver

Cutter: Cougar 24"

Re: My cougar is acting strange

Postby kmmhug » March 27th, 2013, 9:41 am

Cindy, Have you tried doing a factory reset?

One other thing you might try is updating to the newest version of MTC. He has done a lot of updates lately and some of them have caused glitches for me. The newest one is not so perhaps that would help....
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Re: My cougar is acting strange RESOLVED

Postby gulliver » March 27th, 2013, 8:27 pm

Just thought I'd give an update. Sherri contacted me and suggested I use SCAL instead and see if the problem still occurred. Well, it seems to be cutting fine with SCAL. Then I updated MTC to 4.6.1 and it seems to be cutting fine with that as well. So I guess that was the problem, thank goodness! Thank you Kathy for responding. Now I'm off to finish the project I was working on!
gulliver

Cutter: Cougar 24"

Postby Gigi » March 27th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Great news!! Glad you are back to cutting!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kmmhug » March 27th, 2013, 10:24 pm

So glad it is back up and running again!
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar