add wheel? RESOLVED

add wheel? RESOLVED

Postby laurenrsrem » January 18th, 2013, 7:30 pm

How do you add a 4th wheel to a cougar machine? It is a 15" black cat cougar
and came with 3 wheels. I just ordered and received the 4th wheel and can't figure out
what the trick is.. it isn't working so i am guessing there is a trick to this proceedure.
Any videos?

Thanks in Advance.
Lauren
laurenrsrem

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar

Re: add wheel?

Postby rachellann » January 18th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Have you checked the learning center if not try there. But on the back side of the machine there is a little bar that has two screws in it this can be removed and the wheel placed on then re screw the little bar back with the back of the machine facing you it will be on the right hand side, it uses a small phillips screw driver.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Re: add wheel? RESOLVED

Postby allandra42 » January 19th, 2013, 9:16 am

I am thinking I may want to add one to my 15 inch cougar and my silver bullet are they difficult to do?
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby rachellann » January 19th, 2013, 9:20 am

no they are very easy to do and can be done in less than 2 minutes.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Angel135612 » January 19th, 2013, 9:27 pm

I have 4 pinch wheels on my SB and still only use 2 most of the time. I don't think I have cut or done anything else with my machine that I needed to use more pinch wheels. Although I'm glad I have them, just in case I ever do need to use more than two.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby pigtailpat » January 21st, 2013, 7:23 pm

I'm going to add a 4th one to my cougar as soon as I can do it. I have one more month to pay off the generator from sandy and then I am good to go. My next order with sherri is going to be the 4th wheel, and the extra sticky mat. I really want those BAD! And for like eons and eons. Sigh.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Re: add wheel?

Postby pigtailpat » July 1st, 2013, 6:07 pm

rachellann wrote:Have you checked the learning center if not try there. But on the back side of the machine there is a little bar that has two screws in it this can be removed and the wheel placed on then re screw the little bar back with the back of the machine facing you it will be on the right hand side, it uses a small phillips screw driver.

Hey Rach - I am now in this same boat needing to install my 4th wheel. I can't seem to find the learning center instructions either. I do see references to cleaning the pinch wheels, not installing them.

So I am following what you said above. I see the 2 screws in the back bar like you said. However, when you loosen those screws - what do you do? Do you pull the bar backwards (ie towards me standing behind the machine?). And is this process better done with the table removed?

Thanks.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby pigtailpat » July 1st, 2013, 7:07 pm

Wow - I figured it out! For the unclued - it wasn't hard at all. Using rach's instructions, I unscrewed the 2 screws, and found you do not push anything out- rather there is a little lever to block the path so I guess that you can't accidentally push a wheel too far, and there is a little dip/slope so you actually hook this on. And yes, better with table removed and the top lid open........

Can't believe I finally nabbed that wheel. I may do some paper cutting tonight just to reacquaint myself.......

Pat
pigtailpat

Postby Tyler » July 2nd, 2013, 3:04 am

For future reference, the instructions can be found in the LC.

http://blackcatus.com/learn/?page_id=2323
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby pigtailpat » July 2nd, 2013, 5:17 am

Tyler - many thanks. For my own education, was that page part of the manual? I was skimming the topics, however, it didn't even enter my brain that it might be part of the manual............the one place I didn't look.

Pat
pigtailpat

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar