Cougar Rollers Bending My Mats And Sliding

Cougar Rollers Bending My Mats And Sliding

Postby Bethany » January 4th, 2013, 1:18 pm

This has been driving me nuts and should have posted a long time ago. The rollers put bends in my Cricut mats after several uses. It did the same with the original mat that came with the machine when I bought it. Any differences between the Cougar mats and the Cricut ones?

Can you move the rollers off of the orange marks to better align on the mat or will you lose grip? My Cougar is also sliding my mat into the right side of the cutter as well. I just noticed my middle roller is very loose and wobbly.

Thanks!
Bethany

Re: Cougar Rollers Bending My Mats And Sliding

Postby Deb Za » January 4th, 2013, 2:00 pm

I can't answer about the sliding, but if your rollers are not aligned and the top roller is lined up on the edge of the bottom roller, it will create a ridge in your mat. Happened to me. Now I make sure that the rollers are all aligned over the bottom roller, and not off the edge of it. Hope this helps!
Deb
BC Lynx, SCAL, rank amateur at Inkscape
Deb Za

Cutter: Lynx

Postby Elizabeth » January 4th, 2013, 3:13 pm

I vary the position of the rollers on my Cougar mats with each use, and also rotate the mats end for end, to prevent the groove problem. I only use two pinch rollers in the margins, because I dont like running the rolllers over my paper. Because the Cricut mat margins are so narrow, you can't vary the position, which causes them to curl up really quickly. I have been using the same 2 Cougar mats for about year, and don't have any need to replace them yet.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » January 4th, 2013, 3:18 pm

I agree with Elizabeth on all points. I still have a lot of brand new Cricut mats and only pull them out to experiment (and barely do that anymore) because they just don't hold up as well as Sherri's mats. I think a lot of us have learned to rotate the mats and keep the pinch wheels to the outside as much as possible to prolong the mats and make everything work together better.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby allandra42 » January 22nd, 2013, 11:18 am

If your rollers are not aligned with the rollers on the bottom the mat will slip and not cut right. Dont ask how I know this. :-)
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » January 22nd, 2013, 5:13 pm

allandra42 wrote:If your rollers are not aligned with the rollers on the bottom the mat will slip and not cut right. Dont ask how I know this. :-)

Amazes me how knuckle-headed I can be sometimes...use my machine all of the time, it starts skewing during a cut and I check EVERYTHING, 2 or 3 times before I look at the wheel alignment :? go figure :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby allandra42 » January 22nd, 2013, 6:29 pm

LOL LisaH I did the same thing got frustrated and went over and used my cougar for a while and then decided to go back and try again because I wanted to do vinyl and I cant do vinyl without a mat on my cougar and i thought well darn that is what is causing that LOL
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar