Problems cutting flock

Problems cutting flock

Postby cbauer50 » November 18th, 2012, 9:49 pm

I tried to post this earlier, but it must have not gone through - so posting it again.

I am trying to cut some vinyl Flock. I cut some the other day and it cut perfect! I haven't changed anything and now when I try to cut, it's terrible! Most of it cuts good except in the areas shown where the blade has to turn in small areas.

I am cutting it on a mat and using a 60 degree blade. I have a special blade holder just for Flock (not Sticky Flock - have a special one for that, too). I also use a different blade holder for regular vinyl. After getting a perfect cut the other day (same design) I did another one. First thing that happened on this one, is the blade was dragging and ruined the whole design. Put in a brand new blade and it didn't drag, but getting this bad cut now. I know I don't have the blade out too far, because it is not cutting through the backing.

The mat is brand new so it is not warped and it's plenty stick to hold the vinyl Flock down.

Using MTC and have the blade offset at .20

I am cutting with a BlackCat Cougar.

Do I need to change the blade offset - and if so, up or down? I wasted so much vinyl flock now I don't want to try anything yet until I can maybe get some suggestions.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cbauer50

Re: Problems cutting flock

Postby Elizabeth » November 19th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Hi Carol. I have never cut vinyl flock, but I am wondering how this font cuts with regular vinyl or paper. If it doesn't cut well with anything, it may be the font. If so, it is possible that you could edit the nodes a bit to smooth out those tight corners. I'm not an expert on doing that, but I know there are some folks who can point you in the right direction.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Retta » November 20th, 2012, 8:05 pm

would you share the file to be aisle to look at those Sharp turns
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby cbauer50 » November 20th, 2012, 8:08 pm

I was using a 60 degree blade and changed to a 45 and it is ok now.
cbauer50

Postby Retta » November 20th, 2012, 8:09 pm

great! so glad it is working!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar