I can so relate to that Suzan!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Click Blade

Postby PennyDuncan » June 4th, 2011, 11:29 am

Suzan wrote:I can take things apart very easily. It is the putting back together that gets me every time. LOL

ROFL :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Oh That struck me SO funny Suzan!!!!! You sound just like me!!!! It's easy to take apart isn't it........putting back together.uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... :mrgreen: NOT SO MUCH!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby shirltop » June 20th, 2011, 5:44 pm

I am trying to follow the instructions to adjust my click blade and I think I might be doing something wrong. The pictures are very blurry but I am hoping you can get the gist of what I am talking about. The first one shows how far my blade is still sticking out on setting one and the second one shows just how far I have turned the silver "thingy" counterclockwise to adjust it. I am afraid I will unscrew it totally or something and it will all fall apart and I sure don't want that to happen! Any suggestions or ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The time has come for us to stand a little taller." Gordon B. Hinckley
shirltop

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby CaseysAngel » June 20th, 2011, 7:37 pm

which blade do you have in it? Good grief that's out there if that's only on 1. Are you sure you don't have the extra long shaft blade in? LOL

oh, and I don't know, I never had to adjust mine it was great, but I'm sure someone will hop on and help you soon that does know.
CaseysAngel

Postby shirltop » June 20th, 2011, 7:45 pm

I have the blade that was marked 45 degree in my Gotta Have It All Bundle! Go figure!
shirltop

Postby CaseysAngel » June 20th, 2011, 7:49 pm

WOW I really have no idea then. i've never touched mine.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Thyme » June 21st, 2011, 2:59 am

Check the blade length against one of your others, the only one that should be longer is the 60 plus.
If that is a 45 degree then it is not sitting fully into the holder.
First off, tighten the holder back up, because you are correct it is on the verge of coming apart and they are a nightmare to put back together afterwards.
Then measure the blade against another and come back to me with the answer
Thyme

Postby shirltop » June 21st, 2011, 8:30 am

Thank you Dawn for responding. You were right. It appears that I was sent a 60 degree blade in a red 45 degree sleeve. Would you like me to send it back to exchange it for what I was supposed to get? I put the other 45 degree blade in the click holder and it is perfect now. I am glad that I am not going crazy here and that it wasn't user error (or stupidity! :ROFLMBO: ). Thanks again!
shirltop

Postby CaseysAngel » June 21st, 2011, 9:02 am

You aren't stupid honey. I knew when I seen it something wasn't right. I kind of figured it had to be that blade.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Thyme » June 21st, 2011, 12:23 pm

shirltop wrote:Thank you Dawn for responding. You were right. It appears that I was sent a 60 degree blade in a red 45 degree sleeve. Would you like me to send it back to exchange it for what I was supposed to get? I put the other 45 degree blade in the click holder and it is perfect now. I am glad that I am not going crazy here and that it wasn't user error (or stupidity! :ROFLMBO: ). Thanks again!

If it is longer by the amount it looks to be then it is a 60 plus. Is the end very much more pointed then the 45?
And if I was you I would keep quiet about it cos they are a lot more expensive then the normal blades. But your choice, if you want Sherri to change it just drop her an email and explain.
Thyme

Postby CaseysAngel » June 21st, 2011, 12:45 pm

DAWN!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

I would tell you not to do that it's dishonest but if the owner of the company tells you to do it I think you are in the clear. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
CaseysAngel

Postby shirltop » June 21st, 2011, 1:20 pm

Dawn, no the end is not very much more pointed. I had to stare and stare at both of them side by side (and even put my glasses on!) to make sure one was different, and it is, but not by a lot.
shirltop

Postby Thyme » June 21st, 2011, 1:38 pm

In that case drop Sherri an email and she will sort it out for you.
But don't worry if she is slow answering, she has had her house flooded and is operating partly from home and partly from a hotel
Thyme

Postby shirltop » June 21st, 2011, 3:11 pm

I compared my "odd blade" to the 60 degree plus blade and it looks nothing like that. It just looks like a regular 60 degree blade. I am not sure how I missed the letter from Sherri when my machine came stating that you send different blades. I took the 45 degree blade out and it looks much more durable than what I had. I put it in the click holder and all seems to be well. So I guess the others are of a lower quality so I don't need to use those? I'm a bit confused at the moment. I didn't have a lot of time to go over everything when it came so I am just finding a bit of time now and discovering all kinds of things! Kind of like Christmas! :D
shirltop

Postby Thyme » June 21st, 2011, 3:38 pm

Ah, the ones that come with the machine are not as good a quality. Use them by all means if you wish they just don't last as long - and they may also be a different length
Thyme

Postby Phyllis » June 21st, 2011, 6:05 pm

Thyme wrote:Ah, the ones that come with the machine are not as good a quality. Use them by all means if you wish they just don't last as long - and they may also be a different length

Wow, I didn't know they were of different quality.
Phyllis

Previous

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar