Trouble with clean cut

Trouble with clean cut

Postby rhonda batson » April 15th, 2012, 11:32 am

We have tried several different speeds, forces, and papers. Can you please assist with this problem?
rhonda batson

Re: Trouble with clean cut

Postby Gigi » April 15th, 2012, 11:38 am

Can you share what kind of paper you are using and which blade and what kind of cuts you are getting (sporadic, tearing, not deep enough, etc.) More info would be helpful for all of us to help troubleshoot.

Thank you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby rachellann » April 15th, 2012, 11:38 am

which machine,what blade, what force and what brand of paper if you know? Can you share some pictures of what your cuts look like.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby rhonda batson » April 16th, 2012, 10:59 am

We have the black cat cougar. The blade is a 60 degree blade. The paper that we are trying to cut is Hobby Lobby Paper Studio. I am going to list all of the card stock that we are trying to cut. World Win Cutmates Smooth Cardstock, World Win Cutmates Diecutable Cardstock, Die Cut With a View Cardstock, and Bazzill Cardstock. Because the cardstock I was cutting yesterday I had the speed on 83 and the force on 143. Can you please assist? Also, has someone come up with the speeds and forces, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.
rhonda batson

Postby Retta » April 16th, 2012, 11:28 am

I don't know if you have a cougar or not, but the 60 deg. blade isn't needed for most cardstock. The Force you are using sounds as if it may be too high. Lower it at low as 80 and keep adding by 10 to test cut. Make sure your blade isn't out too far. Fold the paper on a corner over each other. place this on the cutting mat. Take the blade holder with the blade in your hand and pull across the paper where it is folded over each other. If it goes through both layers, you have your blade out too far. It should only go through the top layer and not the bottom. I hope that helps.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby rhonda batson » April 16th, 2012, 11:33 am

We have 13 inch black cat. What blade do you recommend using to cut cardstock?
rhonda batson

Postby kate3 » April 16th, 2012, 11:34 am

Hold your blade up to the light and see if it is chipped. It only takes a small drop on the table to chip it. Retta is right you do not need a 60 degree blade for paper or smooth Worldwin card stock. Just the 45 degree blade is enough.
kate3

Postby kate3 » April 16th, 2012, 11:37 am

You posted the same time I did. I use a 45 degree blade for most card stock. As for force and speed that will depend on what you cut and each machine can be slightly different. Write down each one when it works for you.
kate3

Postby Elizabeth » April 16th, 2012, 11:39 am

I also always use the 45 on cardstock. It is possible that your blade holder may need to be adjusted. Are your cuts ragged, or is the blade not cutting through in some spots?
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Suzan » April 16th, 2012, 12:53 pm

rhonda batson wrote:We have 13 inch black cat. What blade do you recommend using to cut cardstock?

It really depends on how intricate the design is. For the most part the 45 will work. For really intriciate stuff a 60 would work better.

As for re-inventing the wheel. We all have to do that, there are a lot of factors involved. Each machine is going to be different slightly. Plus everybody's blade sticks out differently, and actually the paper even if we used the same paper can alter by different lots sold. I know it is a pain. I keep a note book with scraps in it, and write down the force and speed and if my blade is new older older or about dead. LOL, I am lazy hate changing things. Humidity can play a part in it also.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » April 16th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Humidity can play a HUGE part if you are in a very humid climate! Bazzill cardstock hates humid weather.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to Black Cat Lynx/Cougar