Organization challenge!!!!!!!! WEEK TWO!!!!

Re: Organization challenge!!!!!!!! WEEK TWO!!!!

Postby CaseysAngel » June 28th, 2011, 10:27 pm

LOL Suzan!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby pigtailpat » June 29th, 2011, 5:37 am

Suszan -

The heat is dangerous for your photos in the garage. Is there any cooler place in the house you can store the tubs in? Mine are in closets that are in my family/dining room. The closets are not exposed to light, and it is the coolest place in the house in the summer even with the air conditioning off (we run it only in very extreme heat like in the 90's.....). I want to go through mine during July to at least start. My problem is that when my first two were little - I had twins - I was so tired all the time - I didn't think - and - consequently - none of my photos have dates on them. SO I have no way of assigning any chronological order to them. The lack of dates have been stopping me from starting.........

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby LisaH » June 29th, 2011, 6:14 am

I have photo albums with photos (not scrap book ones but they are photo safe), I have photos in photo boxes that will never get put in albums....and I have photos on discs that will never get put in albums...and I have photos on my computer...that will never get put in albums....I just can't do the scrap booking thing. I've tried, just can't do it!! I don't like the way they turn out...I have 2 that were started (maybe 4/5 double pages each), and that's as far as I've gotten! Maybe 1 day the scrap book bug will hit me and I will try again..... ;)
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby PennyDuncan » June 29th, 2011, 7:27 am

LisaH wrote:I have photo albums with photos (not scrap book ones but they are photo safe), I have photos in photo boxes that will never get put in albums....and I have photos on discs that will never get put in albums...and I have photos on my computer...that will never get put in albums....I just can't do the scrap booking thing. I've tried, just can't do it!! I don't like the way they turn out...I have 2 that were started (maybe 4/5 double pages each), and that's as far as I've gotten! Maybe 1 day the scrap book bug will hit me and I will try again..... ;)

I'm like you Lisa...scrapbooking is something that has never grabbed my attention no matter how many times i try.....I love the layouts others create...I've created one for my Boss and her family when they went to Disney World several years ago and I swore it would be the last one I ever did!!! LOL
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » June 29th, 2011, 8:27 am

Oh you guys - I so agree. I have tried SO hard to scrapbook - I just don't like it. I thought if I tried the little books like an 8x8 it would be better but nope - still don't like it even if there is less space to fill.

So I am with you - tons of cds with photos with no place to go. I too love seeing what others create but have NO desire to create it myself. Ugh!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby CaseysAngel » June 29th, 2011, 9:33 am

I started out as a scrapbooker but I can't tell you when I did my last layout, other than helping the kid's with hubby's father's day book. Other than that I"m just out of the mood I guess.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby LisaH » June 29th, 2011, 9:35 am

LOL - Gigi...my first one I tried was 12 x 12 and the next was 8 x 8....you notice I did say tried!!
LisaH

Postby Suzan » June 29th, 2011, 10:54 am

What is a scrapbook. Never ever got the urge either. Just let me cut fun things.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » June 29th, 2011, 1:30 pm

LisaH wrote:LOL - Gigi...my first one I tried was 12 x 12 and the next was 8 x 8....you notice I did say tried!!

Yes I noticed!! Try is the operative word.

I recently had to make a scrapbook page for the 60th birthday of a friend. Everyone did a page with whatever and we put it all together. That was kind of fun, but it took me forever to do one little page - so I made a birthday card and cut apart the outside and the inside and decorated around it and that was my page!!! :ROFLMBO:

I DON'T want to make scrapbooks - not for me, not for the kids, not for friends, no one!! LOL

Will stick with cards!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » June 29th, 2011, 1:31 pm

NO MORE SCRAPBOOKS :hide: :ROFLMBO: :whip:
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » June 29th, 2011, 1:39 pm

Suzan wrote:NO MORE SCRAPBOOKS :hide: :ROFLMBO: :whip:

I SECOND THAT!!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby JeannetteC » June 29th, 2011, 1:56 pm

In a moment of insanity, I volunteered to do all my mothers photos! What was I thinking! My mother is 86! Thankfully, they didn't take many in the 40's, but from about 1955 on, yikes! I really need to get into them and finish (um ... start!) them! I did organize them so far, but after getting that far, I realised I really have no clue how to scrapbook them. Anyone want to spend the summer in Ontario???? Oh, what am I asking? You are all self-professed anti-scrappers!
JeannetteC

Postby Suzan » June 29th, 2011, 3:23 pm

Ontario, Canada, where the weather is probably awesome, will you give chocolate.
or Ontario, California, where the weather is nasty, hot and humid, would need lots more chocolate.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby JeannetteC » June 29th, 2011, 3:43 pm

That would be Canada. Nice weather right now. Definitely, chocolate's doable! Lindt outlet close by, mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Good chocolate!
JeannetteC

Postby Suzan » June 29th, 2011, 5:40 pm

I love lindt Truffles, they are to die for. Thank goodness can't get them here
Suzan

Suzan

Postby JeannetteC » June 29th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Suzan wrote:I love lindt Truffles, they are to die for. Thank goodness can't get them here

Yep! The first time I went in there, they had these 3.5 ounce bags of little egg truffles on for 90% off a case of 18 packages as well as a big bag of them. OMG, I was addicted. Unfortunately, I've yet to see them for that kind of price again. I think more people got to know the store was there, so there's not so many 75-90% off deals. Maybe that's a good thing! :hide:
JeannetteC

Postby Retta » June 30th, 2011, 10:24 am

I am a scrapbook person and teacher. I wish I could do them for you
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby CaseysAngel » July 3rd, 2011, 12:38 am

Alrigght I am so flipping far behind on this it isn't funny but here goes anyway. Hopefully you guys can be prepared anyway.LMBO

Clean out your adhesives, embellishments, ribbons, etc. Make sure all your tools are put away and other little things you may need. I am constantly looking for something that I can't find and wasting half my crafting time.

This is a quick run but I tell ya I think we need a detailed step by step organization challenge after this crop. Maybe Retta will head it up for us since she's organized.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Suzan » July 3rd, 2011, 8:16 am

Here is a cool thing for storing all your tools so they are in reach I got it at Michaels for 8.00 but I had a 40 percent coupon. I love it. Oh yes, I bought some of the yes paste that Penny recommended, and it works like a dream come true and so little go so far. I don't think I will ever use it all up. It was expensive, but by far the best glue I have used. Maybe I need to quit my day job and cut and glue more so I don't waste it. LOL.

Tool-Box.png

Yes I need to clean this out and organize it. But I love it because it is all in one place and within arms reach and easy to move.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby PennyDuncan » July 3rd, 2011, 9:54 am

Oh Suzan I love your Tool Caddy.......I couldn't find one I really liked so I made one from foam board...that way I could custom make it the size I wanted....Here's a few angle shots of it...nothing fancy but it workable....then the other picture I'm sharing is a little drawer thing I got at Michaels for $20.00....works perfectly on my desk for things I want in closer reach....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

PreviousNext

Return to Challenges